DCS:- Black Shark English Version Released!

Associate
Nicely done, Sir. ;) Let us know how the set up goes.

I am seriously impressed by the look of these triple display setups. I might think about it in a while although after just having blown my money on a new rig and trackir I'm struggling to even justify the cost of rudder pedals...although I do "need" them.

Soldato
I'm going to try softth with my setup:-

mydesk.JPG

HEADRAT

Associate
I'm doing SoftTH and 3 x 22" screens at the end of January. I intend to drive it with a GTX285. The single card is due to SoftTH not being able to use SLI, although the TH2G can, so if it turns out I need a bit more grunt in the future I may get another 285 and a TH2G box.

Soldato
Urgh, I wish I hadn't noticed this thread yesterday :(. Been keeping track of this game, but forgot about it. Now I've been spending the day making a Freetrack cap lol. Bloody awesome though. Still trying to learn things a bit more before I jump into the main campaign.

Really liking the look of the 3 monitor setup too. That'll have to be my next major investment, after I re-insure my motorbike in Jan lol.

But for the time being, enjoy my Freetrack cap :p

20081218212102290oh9.jpg

LED's are IR, so I can't see em :).

Sel

Sel

Associate
Urgh, I wish I hadn't noticed this thread yesterday :(. Been keeping track of this game, but forgot about it. Now I've been spending the day making a Freetrack cap lol. Bloody awesome though. Still trying to learn things a bit more before I jump into the main campaign.

Really liking the look of the 3 monitor setup too. That'll have to be my next major investment, after I re-insure my motorbike in Jan lol.

But for the time being, enjoy my Freetrack cap :p

LED's are IR, so I can't see em :).

What value are your resistors and where did you get them?

I did get it sort of working a while back but burnt out my IR LED's.

Associate
Forgot to say, DFA got there server crossed over to black shark. Good missions and good teamwork, usually around 4-6 players on there so its not overcrowded like 159th is.

Soldato
OP
159th server has it uses, especially for training (and i love the Death valley mission), I had one guy the other night very patiently teaching me and a few others how to use the datalink. Its a very usefull tool, nay essential tool, for multiplayer.

I had overlooked it, much the same way i haven't delved to much into the ABRIS or the PVI-800, but once you are actually shown the proper usage of the tool it makes a lot of sense.

He made me promise to teach it to others too, after he'd finshed educating me, and i will :)

Nate

Soldato
What value are your resistors and where did you get them?

I did get it sort of working a while back but burnt out my IR LED's.

Not using any resistors lol.

I'm using 3x1.5v AA Batteries, and 3x High Power IR LEDs.
IIRC, the Forward Voltage of the LED's is 1.4v. So they're technically getting a bit too much power, but they aren't over heating at all,, so they'll do for now. I've got a few spare in case I do burn any out.

Soldato
Also, What joysticks are people using, I'm currently still playing away with my MS Sidewinder Precision 2, and it's definitely starting to show its age, especially when you need as much control as you do in BS.

How's the X52 in this title? And also would anyone recommend the X52 Pro over the basic model?

Sel

Sel

Associate
Not using any resistors lol.

I'm using 3x1.5v AA Batteries, and 3x High Power IR LEDs.
IIRC, the Forward Voltage of the LED's is 1.4v. So they're technically getting a bit too much power, but they aren't over heating at all,, so they'll do for now. I've got a few spare in case I do burn any out.

Cheers I'll see what I can knock up over the Holidays.

Associate
159th server has it uses, especially for training (and i love the Death valley mission), I had one guy the other night very patiently teaching me and a few others how to use the datalink. Its a very usefull tool, nay essential tool, for multiplayer.

I had overlooked it, much the same way i haven't delved to much into the ABRIS or the PVI-800, but once you are actually shown the proper usage of the tool it makes a lot of sense.

He made me promise to teach it to others too, after he'd finshed educating me, and i will :)

Nate

Yeah so far ive not looking into the Abris or pvi800 much myself. But I know the very basics of the datalink, still not sure how to send targets yet. I think you have to lock it, save it into the abris, then select it to send to your wingmen.

Anyway the datalink is just good for knowing where your mates are.

Associate

Nate

Well once I get my hard copy i'll hold you to it:eek:

Associate
Well once I get my hard copy i'll hold you to it:eek:

And me. Haha!

I've been doing well to resist buying it so far. I'm holding out to get the rudder pedals and new joystick first. I actually stuck a KA50 on FSX the other day just so I could pretend.LOL Been looking forward to BLack Shark for so long that I'd rather be set up as well as I can for it.

Associate
Just been having a go at the campaign again. Dont under estimate the tanks, I just got shot down twice in a row by them. After taking out all the enemys AA + as many tanks as i could before I ran out of missiles I went in for a gun run on some bmps and trucks, one tank was left on their front line and I had shot him with a few bursts of AP from my cannon, but no he shot me down as I was picking up speed for the run in.

Good fun though, cant wait for my Track IR clip to arrive. Probably wont get here until after christmas now. Got the webcam I bought setup with the IR filter removed and in its place a small square of floppy disk. FreeTrack all setup and tested with the TV remote :). All I need now is the clip.

Back
Top Bottom