Most disappointing game of this year for you?

Soldato
I'm really enjoying GTA4 at the moment. Ok, it doesn't run great but looks great. It runs better than GTA3 did when I first played that on a geforce 4 mx and that didn't put me off and it wasn't that long before any decent current card played it flawlessly. Also enjoying far-cry 2 although I'd only give that about 7/10.

No game will ever disappoint me as much as Stalker no matter how long I am playing games for in the future.
There is a Scar on the inside of my skin that this game gave me through sheer disappointment

I agree with you there.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don`t think anyone has mentioned STALKER Clear Sky.could have been a good game but I can`t give a fairly recent release the thumbs up when it`s not optimised for modern CPU`s (only used one core). It ran quite slow even with a decent graphics card. Far Cry 2, at least looks and runs very well using all cores of a CPU.

Me, personally, I don`t have a lot of time for playing games but I don`t actually mind Far Cry 2.

Vegas 2 I was also disappointed with.

Clear Sky I liked at first but grew tired of trying to optimise it to run better on my machine and only finding it using one core of my quad core. I spit on the developers. To get it running better meant lowering the res which meant it looked nowhere near as good as it should have (Far Cry 2 much much better in this respect). It was also quite buggy....

Last edited:
Soldato
Hate to admit it, but warhammer online. Im still subbed and play daily, but id be lying if i said it was as good as it should have been.

Soldato
Need for Speed Undercover

It was supposed to "save" the NfS series and go back to the Most Wanted feel of the game but it ended up being a rushed mess.

Other Titles:

Age of Conan
Warhammer Online

So much for being "WoW killers".

Associate
Spore and Far cry 2.

I've been disappointed with games before but not to the extent of these, especially FC2. It's awful imo and to use the Far cry name for such a piece of **** is a disgrace.

Associate
It's reassuring to see that so many others agreed with me about how rubbish FC2 was. Not because I like to see a game with potential fail so hard, but because I simply fail to understand why all these games get such good reviews in magazines. Was beginning to think it might just be me getting old and jaded.

Soldato
It's reassuring to see that so many others agreed with me about how rubbish FC2 was. Not because I like to see a game with potential fail so hard, but because I simply fail to understand why all these games get such good reviews in magazines. Was beginning to think it might just be me getting old and jaded.

I used to worry too, but then i realized i still enjoyed many games and it must be something to do with the reviewers. I then noticed the entire web pages of said review publications were giant banner ads for the game.

Pay someone enough money and they'll enjoy anything.

Back
Top Bottom