FARCRY 2 --- Officially , official of official threads! ---

Soldato
Are there places to get tablets in the first half without the priest being alive?

Also, am I any where near part 2? All I seem to be doing is shooting the same enemies Zzzzz

I think in the 1st half you have to check with the priest to find out about where to get the malaria tabs, then take the passports from him - same ritual in 2nd half, different person.

You're about to go to the next 1/2 of the map - as soon as you either rescue the civvies or help your mates, it starts to feel a lot more interesting.... then back to the ZzZzZz same stuff for another lot, just on a different, and slower to navigate map. Better guns tho :p

perhaps not fc2's fault but just got it today and went to play it but just as it was checking dvd was in the drive it gave a message saying the my graphics card driver is out of date. i have checked on device manager and tried updating but it doesn't find any updates.

anyone know why this is?

Associate
perhaps not fc2's fault but just got it today and went to play it but just as it was checking dvd was in the drive it gave a message saying the my graphics card driver is out of date. i have checked on device manager and tried updating but it doesn't find any updates.

anyone know why this is?

what card and what drivers? i had this problem only once, was with bf2, just updated drivers manually.

Sel

Sel

Associate

anyone know why this is?

I had a problem with Crysis, for some reason every 2-3 days it would force me to re-install my Graphics driver. I never did find a fix for it, other games were fine but my card was a bit slow. After replacing it I never had the problem again.

does the second map out weight the crappy respawning and repatitive missions? i just got the second part and already going down one road i have been stopped by 2 cars so having to get out shoot one move on, almost straight away same again. I wasn't too impressed with the first map but was hoping it would pick up?

if not i'll just sell it on ebay now. anything i need to do so the buyer can play it so it's not restriced to my pc?

Soldato
does the second map out weight the crappy respawning and repatitive missions? i just got the second part and already going down one road i have been stopped by 2 cars so having to get out shoot one move on, almost straight away same again. I wasn't too impressed with the first map but was hoping it would pick up?

if not i'll just sell it on ebay now. anything i need to do so the buyer can play it so it's not restriced to my pc?

i think second map is better becuase although there are guard posts, you can just go around them. also i found it easier because mikes bar was close to a bus stationa and from there you could go to the town or what have you without running into guards every 2 seconds.

Associate
changing the topic a bit but does anyone else find the multiplayer quite buggy and annoying? Im finding myself shooting someone in the head four times before they die.

Associate
tbh I thought the second map was nothing like Africa. The landscape (especially the huge lake area) seemed so much more like Cambodia/Vietnam.

Seemed a little out of place

But Africa is a massive place & full of rivers & lakes like lake Tanganyika etc just like in the game.

Quite a few Africans have commented on some the game forums about how realistic some of it is & that includes the Afrikaans dialect that everyone thinks is dire but apparently it's just how they talk

ok game is being uninstalled. can't get 1 minute in the second area of the map without the game cuasing an error message to pop up. The annoying thing is the game doesn't freeze just minimises which takes an age, then i get rid of error message, click the game to maximise, again taking a really long time, then once again within a minute it does it again. although this could be something easily fixable i really can't be bothered to look as the game really isn't that good. some cool moments but just like everyone has said it has really been ruined by some bad decisions, exactly like assasins creed.

Soldato
I'm seriously considering selling this game, I can't get it to run for more than 40 minutes without crashing to desktop still.

So far I've tried:-

1. Reinstall and update mobo/sound/graphics/directx drivers.
2. Update BIOS firmware and DVD-RW firmware.
3. Update Windows.
4. CCleaner and Defrag.
5. Tried playing the game in DX9/DX10.
6. Tried playing the game in Windowed Mode.
7. Underclocked GPU.
8. Increased GPU fan speed to 50-60% manually (to rule out temperatures).
9. Scanned for virsues, spyware and checked in Event Log for any problems.
10. Uninstalled any un-needed software and games from my HDD's.
11. Updated items such as .NET, C++ Redistributable, J# Redistributable, Java (just in case).

Sigh. I give up though. My PC can handle anything else, no problems. But this game just throws a hissy fit. :( Anyone else still unable to play??? I also have an issue whereby when I sometimes save (not Quicksave mind) it will freeze and crash. WTF?!

Associate
I'm seriously considering selling this game, I can't get it to run for more than 40 minutes without crashing to desktop still.

So far I've tried:-

1. Reinstall and update mobo/sound/graphics/directx drivers.
2. Update BIOS firmware and DVD-RW firmware.
3. Update Windows.
4. CCleaner and Defrag.
5. Tried playing the game in DX9/DX10.
6. Tried playing the game in Windowed Mode.
7. Underclocked GPU.
8. Increased GPU fan speed to 50-60% manually (to rule out temperatures).
9. Scanned for virsues, spyware and checked in Event Log for any problems.
10. Uninstalled any un-needed software and games from my HDD's.
11. Updated items such as .NET, C++ Redistributable, J# Redistributable, Java (just in case).

Sigh. I give up though. My PC can handle anything else, no problems. But this game just throws a hissy fit. :( Anyone else still unable to play??? I also have an issue whereby when I sometimes save (not Quicksave mind) it will freeze and crash. WTF?!
Are you using a Creative sound card by any chance.

Associate
Hi there.

No mate. See sig. Asus Xonar D2X. That's one thing i have not tried. Playing with sound disabled in-game. Will make it pretty tough I guess, but let's see what happens!
I am at work so I can't see your sig. I have just removed my X-Fi as I suspect that it was causing FC2 and a few other games to crash. I am thinking about getting a Xonar D1 due to the dolby headphone thingy that really works well in games. The only other issue I have had is frame skipping that was overcome by capping the framerate in the console.

Back
Top Bottom