Any opinions on o2 broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
you can just ring CS to change A/M modulation as it is set on the spectrum profile on your line.

that person is getting around 1.3mb though, so is either definately A or will not be getting the benefits of M.

you see the dropoff of M upload speeds exponentially downwards as Downstream goes sub 16Mb.

Soldato
Can I sign up right now and then get the friends and family discount sometime before the connection date, or do I need to get the friends and family discount when I first sign up?

I want to signup before the 31st so I get the 30-day money back guarantee.

Associate
I've just signed up for o2 as Quidco is offering £70.00 on LLU connections and there is 'three months free' on the Pro and Premium packages.. don't think this offer will last too long.

Currently on UK Online 1mb (don't laugh) at £9.99 PM.
Very good pings = <20 when playing on jolt CS servers, just hoping o2 will provide something similar.

Caporegime
My exchange hasn't got O2 LLU so would mean their basic adsl package so guess = high ping potential :confused:

Probably the opposite. The performance issues are localised, so are probably somewhere between the exchange and O2/Be's core network - the parts that BT Wholesale operate when you're not using O2/Be's LLU.

Soldato
My exchange hasn't got O2 LLU so would mean their basic adsl package so guess = high ping potential :confused:

depends what you think of as high ping, im on the o2 home package and before the congestion problems pings to game servers in the uk were between 40-60, and my line quality is really poor (Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 31.5 / 60.0 and max speed i can get is 2mb).

Associate
Atm i'm with Be (recently acquired by o2, hence o2 BB) and i usually cant play online throughout the week say 6-9ish due to major lag, and random times at weekend....

Associate
Atm i'm with Be (recently acquired by o2, hence o2 BB) and i usually cant play online throughout the week say 6-9ish due to major lag, and random times at weekend....
As you don't have it in your profile it's probably worth posting where you live. Peoples experiences with Be/o2 do vary depending on where they are.

Associate
Why does O2 offer "up to 20mb", while Be offer "up to 24mb" If you get say 15mb on Be, what would you get with O2? Still 15mb, or would it drop because of their 20mb ceiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom