What new 22" monitor?

Associate
Im after a new 22" monitor, I have a few ideas in mind which I have put below. Looking to spend about £150ish.

I mainly do webdesign, bit of music work on cubase, and have just ordered Battlefield 2 so a bit of gaming.

Two of the ones I have seen, only have DSub connections, does/will it make much difference? Or should I spend some more for a DVI one?

The ones I've seen are the following, in order of which ones seem best.

1) Asus VW223D
2) Samsung SM2243NW
3) Acer P223W

The Asus and Samsung dont have DVI, the Acer does.

My main questions are, will it make much difference that there not DVI? Are those monitors any good? And are there any other better ones out there for the money!

Cheers,

Dave

Associate
It depends on the size of your desk, imo the prices of 24" compared to 22" or 20" arent worth it for that little resolution boost.

24" 1920x1200
20/22" 1680x1050

U can get a decent 20/22" monitor for £150, just need to do a little shopping around. And yes DVI connections are good because most GFX cards these days only support DVI so if u want the max quality stick with DVI. Also very important for gaming is response rate, the lower the response rate the better, 2ms is about the best u can get lately.

Cheers.

Associate
OP
The asus one, seems to be about £130 everywhere, its 5ms responce rate, looks fab, just not DVI! Will I really notice a big difference or should I spend £50 extra and get DVI?

Just came across the Samsung T220 which is 2ms, DVI, still 22" etc, about £50 more, worth the extra?

Dave

Last edited:
Associate
Yeh id say do a little shoppin around and make an imformed decision as ud wanna get this one right. Reason being that a monitor normally lasts u a long time. I know there are decent 22" 2ms DVI monitors out there for around £150.

Oh and i see your from Brighton? So am i :D Couldnt move in Churchill Square today :(

Associate
OP
Nice one, cheers!

I've got a £50 voucher for a big online retailer which is where I'd rather get the monitor but if its much cheaper elsewhere, I probably will go elsewhere!

Yeah, I can imagine! Im just outside in Peacehaven, was working today (Aztech Systems, might of heard of it if you know Peacehaven) - need to get into town at some point to get some jeans and spend some christmas vouchers before any more shops go under!

Cheers,
Dave

Associate
OP
Nope, was a £50 voucher I won a few months back to due my community involvement which can be spent on a well known online retailer which I wont mention as its a competitor!

Dave

Associate
Have Samsung 2253BW and it comes with DVI. Paid less than £150 delivered :)

Thats the monitor ive been looking for and around that price but cant find it anywhere! The best ive done:
(LS20AQWJFV) Samsung SM2053BW 20" Widescreen TFT (1680 x 1050) DVI-D
Contrast Ratio 1000:1(static)/8000:1(dynamic)
Response time 2 ms
£130 including delivery

there are some 22" that at 1920x1080 :)

Did not know that, was really close to buying as well. This higher resolution tempts me but not sure if its worth the extra cash?

Cheers.

Soldato
Thats the monitor ive been looking for and around that price but cant find it anywhere! The best ive done:
(LS20AQWJFV) Samsung SM2053BW 20" Widescreen TFT (1680 x 1050) DVI-D
Contrast Ratio 1000:1(static)/8000:1(dynamic)
Response time 2 ms
£130 including delivery

Did not know that, was really close to buying as well. This higher resolution tempts me but not sure if its worth the extra cash?

Cheers.

this is a good monitor i,ve seen it cheaper than this though ;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...6H 22" Widescreen True HD LCD Monitor - Black

Back
Top Bottom