Aftershave suggestions

Soldato
difficult to say what is causing the issue to be honest. Some of the more expensive fragrances might use more natural ingredients that you might find a bit kinder to your skin but i'm no expert.

i was even thinking body shop

its strange, i was fine with all sort untill i bought one bottle of hugo boss, same type i bought a billion times before and then it made a lot of aftershaves/deodorants red and itchy on my skin, fair enough my other hugo ive allways been slight irritated by it.
wonder if they changed recipes/manafacturing process a couple of years a go.

shame as i still really like the smell.

Soldato
I hate the smell of CK one nowadays, I have a bottle but never use it

It reminds me too much of being 13, when it was released as the first 'multi-sexual' fragrance, everyone was wearing it, guys and girls. From what I remember, you were a nobody if you weren't wearing CK One. I even knew a couple of guys who were buying knock offs down the market.

My personal fav at the moment is also the Jean Paul Gaultier one in the blue 'male' shaped bottle. It's a really nice fragrance and I've had a number of compliments on it when I've worn it.

Associate
I have to put another vote in for Jean Paul Gautier (EDT), girls and even guys (can be a bit worrying) always comment how good this stuff is when worn. Definately recommend

Soldato
[...] its strange, i was fine with all sort untill i bought one bottle of hugo boss, same type i bought a billion times before and then it made a lot of aftershaves/deodorants red and itchy on my skin, fair enough my other hugo ive allways been slight irritated by it.
wonder if they changed recipes/manafacturing process a couple of years a go.

shame as i still really like the smell.
Many common designer fragrances are continually undergoing reformulations to compensate for increasingly strict FDA and H&S guidelines :(

Unless you're really sure you've got the genuine article, there's a good chance that you've got some counterfeit Hugo Boss in this instance. You won't belive what's being counterfeited for profit these days. Did you buy it from a reputable source, like Boots?

Soldato
Chanel Pour Homme Sport or the white edition I think are the best.

However if you can get past the gay name "Plessures for men" by Estée Lauder seems to be the real hit emoung women - they aways stop me and ask what Im wearing because they like it....

Last edited:
Associate
My Missus bought me a bottle a few years back called "Total Rejection"
She things she's funny!
I took a picy to show you all but i couldnt see a way of uploading it to the forum :(

Associate
My Missus bought me a bottle a few years back called "Total Rejection"
She things she's funny!
I took a picy to show you all but i couldnt see a way of uploading it to the forum :(

Surprised no-one has said claimed... whats wrong with the world these days?

Soldato
OP
Just thought I would report back on my findings as I just came back from a perfume shop testing some aftershaves. Armed with the below list to look out for, here are my thoughts on each.

Creed - Green Irish Tweed (Store did not stock this)

Thierry Mugler - AMen / Angel Men (one of my favourites. nice sweet smell. 4/5 stars)

Hermès - Terre d'Hermès (Store did not stock this)

Guerlain - Vetiver (Store did not stock this)

Davidoff - Cool Water (cant believe so many people recommended this. Smelt like the toilet biscuit that is put in mens urinals. 1/5 stars :eek::()

CK - One (So sweet, might as well be a girl. 2/5 stars)

Joop - go! (Its alright. 3/5 stars)

Paco Rabanne - Ultraviolet (Very sweet 3/5 stars)

Paco Rabanne - Black XS (one of my favourites. Nice Sweet. 4/5 stars)

Chanel - Allure Homme (Very sweet. 3/5 stars)

Gucci - Pour Homme II (Nice sweet. 4/5 stars)

Giorgio Armani - Acqua di Gio Men (Not tested)

Issey Miyake - for Men (one of my favourites. Cant describe its smell but I like it. 4/5 stars)

Geo F. Trumper - Eucris (Not tested)

Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Intensa (Not tested)

Paul Smith - Extreme (one of my favourites. Nice Sweet. 4/5 stars)

Estee Lauder - Pleasures (one of my favourites. Really liked this. Nice Sweet. Shame the name is a bit naff - Pleasures for men :o 5/5 stars)

Dolce & Gabanna - The One (one of my favourites. Nice Sweet Oriental smell. 4/5 stars)

Armani - Code (Nothing special 2/5 stars)

I then chose two of my favourites Paco Rabanne - Black XS & Estee Lauder - Pleasures to spray on my skin to decide which I like the best. It has now been an hour and I can now say that the Black XS is very sweet, smells like the candy coating on M&M's, would give me a headache if I smelt this all day.

I have to say after all the testing I have decided upon Estee Lauder - Pleasures.....I cant get over how much I like it.

Now to the interwebz to find it at the best price :)

Back
Top Bottom