• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

--- An Amazing Graphics Card Deal for Christmas! ---

Associate
Hey mate, how did you connect the 3 pin adaptor to the card, I've just had mine and I'm a bit confused on how to connect the power adaptor.

Cheers.

You should find that the pci-e to molex connector will only snap into place by leaving the 2 parallel pins nearest the back of the card free. It literally will only connect one way so you shouldn't have a problem.

Soldato
So how much faster would one of these be compared to a 3650 DDR3 version? Might get one for my brother if they're a decent amount faster, as he'd like to play a few more games with a bit more pop at 1680x1050. Anyone happen to know?

Edit - never mind, found a review that rated this about 50% faster than the 2600XT. Seeing as this was slightly faster than a 3650 DDR3 this should be a nice little upgrade for my brother for £30 inc. He has the PSU IIRC so should be ok, rest of his system isn't overclocked so he should have about enough power for this.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not quite sure what you mean by software only?

A lot of video playback programmes don't employ hardware acceleration, some do, some don't. Might be worth reading up on whether the programmes you use will accept hardware acceleration or are purely software rendering :)
I could be wrong but this was correct last time I looked into it, WMP has only really been stably using limited hardware acceleration since recently! Remember when it was horribly unstable and half the NV drivers caused green screens for example :)

Associate
Thanks for the info but with sites like vimeo and youtube offering hd streaming do you think i would be able to watch full screen hd with this card.

Soldato
Shouldn't be an issue at all for those, youtube HD is in reference to standard youtube and isn't actually true hd, its just clearer video (think mpeg to divx) with better sound. I don't know Vimeo so can't comment there. A reasonable machine shouldn't have an issue.

Caporegime
This product does have the best product description on the website. :p

The SAPPHIRE HD 2900GT with its impressive hardware specs such as: the industry anticipated ATI Radeon™ HD 2900GT GPU and 256-bit memory interface will leave even the most battle hardened with a tear of joy in their eye.

Trade descriptions act? :p;):D:D:D

Excellent buy, I've just let my mate know who's looking for something aking to an 8800GTS 320! :)

Soldato
OP

Excellent buy, I've just let my mate know who's looking for something aking to an 8800GTS 320! :)

Hope he managed to get one in time, the last few have just been snapped up!

End of a smashing deal, will be seeing if I can get something else in the new year as old cards at bargain prices are generally great value for money. :D

Soldato

Given that the 2900GT when originally released (in 512mb format) was barely faster than a X1950pro (could have been XT I can't remember) a 8800GTS 320mb (as long as it doesn't run out of Video memory) would be a much better buy (judt don't pay more than ~£40 for one).

Back
Top Bottom