Vista 64bit OEM With new motherboard

Soldato
OR

I bought a ticket to the cinima, the projector broke so would i be ok to use that ticket to see the film another night, or would i have to buy a new ticket.

That would be an OEM replacement then ;) In this case people are talking about being bored of the film half way through and thinking that their ticket gives them the right to watch any other film, any time, without paying again.

Why do you think season tickets cost more than single match tickets? It's not greedy to give people flexible payment options to match their needs.

I'm not sure how this debate has spun out for so long... As Burnsy said, you can pontificate all you like, if you use unlicensed software you are in breach of the EULA. There really is no other way to put it - whether you agree with Microsoft's charging policies or not - if you want to use their software legally, you have to follow the rules.

Man of Honour
But its cheeper than a seasons worth of single match tickets :p

And retail is much cheaper than 3 oems. :p
Retail is exactly like a season ticket. It lasts until you upgrade to the next version of windows and even then you can get upgrade for dirt cheap.
I've said it before I'll say it again buy retail.

Xp retail + vista upgrade £100
Vista retail 2nd hand £100
Vista oem £80-90
And if you already ad xp retail. then vista upgrade £60

It's a no brainier.

Soldato
Totally understand what your saying and it makes sense if you regularly upgrade, i personaly re-use my rigs as i do a total upgrade about every 18 months, my current rig will join the home network complete with licensed Vista64 OEM and i have a new legal copy for the new rig, but, if i wanted to replace just my motherboard i would need a complete new OEM license and i think that is what annoys some people.
If i wanted to change seats during the season then would i have to buy a complete new season ticket? :)

Soldato
Burnsy, I salute you - you're a total legend for managing to put up with threads like this and still post useful information in them. Personally, I've long since become exasperated with the level of arrogance and ignorance displayed by the average person when it comes to MS licensing.

Soldato
Burnsy, I salute you - you're a total legend for managing to put up with threads like this and still post useful information in them. Personally, I've long since become exasperated with the level of arrogance and ignorance displayed by the average person when it comes to MS licensing.

Pull your tongue out fella.
We are just promoting debate, i doubt if anybody is actually that bothered what we all think about Microsoft and it various policies.

Soldato
This thread is not "just promoting debate", it is, as I said, full of arrogance and ignorance. Arrogance from those who think they can just ignore the licensing terms of the operating system they use and make up their own and ignorance from those who think that, simply because MS re-activates their products, they are fully licensed and legal.

I have no problem with "ignorance" from those who are prepared to learn and be corrected - hell I'm ignorant on a shedload of subjects but I'm willing to be educated. What annoys me is when stalwarts like Burnsy post repeatedly on this subject and from a position of authority yet no-one seems to read or absorb his information and keep on labouring under their age-old delusions.

I was merely stating my admiration for his continued posts in the face of this indifference when I'd have long since thrown in the towel.

Soldato
Wonder how many people that spout about not being licensed properly when getting a new board would actually buy a new OEM copy if they were to upgrade their board themselves. I would bet very few.

High Horse.... get off it.

Soldato
How many people inform their insurence company if they have a knock or if they modify their car. There are those who buy a new copy of Windows every time they change a Bios setting and those who rip the arse out of the "OEM/Buy a new Rig" system. Also those who just go for ***** pirate softeware. Others are just about in between.

Soldato
High Horse.... get off it.
Taint someone else with your brush and stop making gross assumptions. My OEM copies are perfectly legit thank you very much. I make a point of upgrading my hardware and OS at the same time so I'll move to a new motherboard at the same time I upgrade to Windows 7.

Man of Honour
Taint someone else with your brush and stop making gross assumptions. My OEM copies are perfectly legit thank you very much. I make a point of upgrading my hardware and OS at the same time so I'll move to a new motherboard at the same time I upgrade to Windows 7.

Exactly, all my PCs are correctly licensed and my insurance company know everything too. Your assumptions are flawed. What you do is your business but don't assume I'm the same as you.

Permabanned

Hahaha :D

Is your tongue brown? lol

Calm down. It is only a debate. Burnsy is a mod so can't be seen to go against the so called 'Law'. He does defend his views on the subject time and time again. This is going to happen all the time. People are bound to have different views on the subject. If we were all the same then it would be a boring world!

Wether you agree with the OEM licence or not, it is not going to cause WW3! As long as people 'Buy' the software in the first place i see no problem. Some people go harping on about how terrible it is and unlawful to use an OEM copy again and again! For goodness sake, get a life. Who actually cares about wether or not the software is licensed? It gets re-activated by MS. That is good enough for 99% of the population of the world!!

Associate
Hahaha :D

Is your tongue brown? lol

Calm down. It is only a debate. Burnsy is a mod so can't be seen to go against the so called 'Law'. He does defend his views on the subject time and time again. This is going to happen all the time. People are bound to have different views on the subject. If we were all the same then it would be a boring world!

Wether you agree with the OEM licence or not, it is not going to cause WW3! As long as people 'Buy' the software in the first place i see no problem. Some people go harping on about how terrible it is and unlawful to use an OEM copy again and again! For goodness sake, get a life. Who actually cares about wether or not the software is licensed? It gets re-activated by MS. That is good enough for 99% of the population of the world!!

:rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Calm down. It is only a debate. Burnsy is a mod so can't be seen to go against the so called 'Law'.

My views have been the same long before I was a UB. The sticky was written before my promotion and my goal is very simple: I'lll educate the people who want to keep their licences valid so that they can do so. As for the people that don't, I'll debate you but at the end of the day I doubt I'll change any opinions and I'm ok with that.

Permabanned
My views have been the same long before I was a UB. The sticky was written before my promotion and my goal is very simple: I'lll educate the people who want to keep their licences valid so that they can do so. As for the people that don't, I'll debate you but at the end of the day I doubt I'll change any opinions and I'm ok with that.

Thats fair enough.

Back
Top Bottom