Windows 7 Beta 1 (build 7000) screenshots

Soldato
heheh & the trolls come out as always!

Installed this yesterday, absolutely loving it. Seems to be quicker than vista with certain things, opening programs being one, basically instant.

The taskbar gets some getting used to but after using it for a day now, I'm very impressed, much prefer it over the old ones. But then i love fancy looking themes/desktops :) I have to say for it being Beta1 it doesn't feel like it :)

Yes very easily as well, right click task bar & select small icons.

snip

Want any more pics or anything just ask :)

Hi,

Can we see some pics of the network management center, control panel and task manager?

EDIT: NM, just seen links in the first post :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I the only one that thinks this looks good?

Props to the OP for posting all those images - every single one I see, it looks like a functionality increase over Vista.

I am in no way bashing vista by the way, just saying this looks a lot better. I really want to give it a try now too but if I start messing with hard drives on my PC it mucks up the boot record :(

Soldato
Then why bother getting a machine with 8GB?

Because unlike windows, OS X does actually work perfectly all the time.

(My bootcamp installation of XP needs to be redone because it crashed during update and now thinks there is a dll is missing allowing me to do pretty much sod all!)

Soldato
But that's comparing a ~1yr old version of OS X with a 7+ year old version of Windows. XP 64 and Vista 64 both support 8Gb.

EDIT: Ah, nice edit!

Hence my Windows 7 better be good ;) It should be out the same time as Snow Leopard and I'll be using them side by side on a desktop and laptop so we will see what happens.

Was it a vLite'd installation?

Nope, nice official Windows XP SP2 disk.

I have a SP3 disk now thanks to my uni so that'll be going on next.

Luckily I guess cos I want to increase the size of that partition to 20Gb so the CAD program will fit on it properly!

Back
Top Bottom