*Official* Antec 1200 Case's,Builds,Modifications & FAQ's

Associate
How much bigger is this compared to the 900? find the cables a bit of a squeeze in the 900, is it worth getting one of these instead?

Soldato
Watercooled Antec 1200

Here's some pics of my recently finished watercooled Antec 1200.
The quality isn't great as they were taken using my iPhone.

The loop is cooling an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 in an Asus P5T Deluxe & a Geforce 8800 GTX. The N/B, S/B & mosfets are also being cooled by the loop.
The rad being fitted externally to minimise heat build-up inside the case.
I'm quite please with the results.

External Rad under construction

IMG_0072-1.jpg

The spaghetti junction of tubing before filling

IMG_0075-1.jpg

Tubing all installed, filled & leak tested successfully

IMG_0077-1.jpg

Power on test before putting the side panels on

IMG_0078-1.jpg

The finished article

IMG_0085-1.jpg

Close-up of the innards

IMG_0086-1.jpg

Shot showing the external rad

IMG_0087-1.jpg

Shot showing the external rad, top fan & watercooling loop fill-port

IMG_0088-1.jpg

I'll take some decent pics at some point with my DSLR

Last edited:
Associate
Here's some pics of my recently finished watercooled Antec 1200.
The quality isn't great as they were taken using my iPhone.

The loop is cooling an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 in an Asus P5T Deluxe & a Geforce 8800 GTX. The N/B, S/B & mosfets are also being cooled by the loop.
The rad being fitted externally to minimise heat build-up inside the case.
I'm quite please with the results.

External Rad under construction
I'll take some decent pics at some point with my DSLR

Nice.

But looks a bit messy what with all the tubes going everywhere.

Permabanned
Does anyone know how to remove the top panel of the 1200?
Mine is damaged somehow because it is not flush with the right panel/front but don't know the best way to remove it/replace it/fix it.
Can someone please give me some advice?

Pics:

004gk5.jpg

006xg5.jpg

007se7.jpg

Thanks.

Associate
if I remember rightly, there are 8 csrews around the roof fan & a couple on the top front just behind the drive bays. undo all of these then give the top a push from the back & it should just lift off.

Permabanned
Just done a build with this case and the cooling is great, but the PSU positioning causes a problem, the atx12v cable will not reach round the back of the motherboard so it has to go dircetly over the cpu cooler and over the GTX280 and as such is now blocking a side fan from being installed.

Also theres nowheres to install cathode in this thing without is being drectly in the window which will look naff, theres a huge window but I can't see anything but the rear fans because it's all black, it needs extra lighting.

Anyone know a woork around for the atx12v cable? an extention or perhaps recommend a PSU with long enugh cables ?

I'm using the Corsair 750TX.

Permabanned
have a look at this & this. I used both of these in my build so I could run both motherboard power connectors behind the MB tray.

As for lighting, how may cathodes are you trying to fit in?

Thanks for the links, thats exactly what I need, only got one fited but it's directly visable in the window, even at an angle.

Another little complaint is that the side fan is not compatible with some 3rd part coolers, even with the cable removed it won't fit with a fan, it's not wide enough.

Last edited:
Associate
best places I can think for the cathode would be either at the top, should be just enough room to slide one end between the top of the drive bay & the top of the case. Along the bottom between the power supply & side pannel, shouldn't be able to see it there.

Or you could try fixing it to the side pannel, either along the back edge (close to where it screws into the case), of on one of the angled edges of the grilled section.

tbh you won't need a side fan on most likely, temps should be fine without one. I actually cut a new side pannel section to replace the grilled side pannel (used the side pannel from an old case), didn't affect the temps in my case at all

Back
Top Bottom