Cheap replacement for an 05 320D?

Permabanned
You'll get a nice Ghia spec Mondeo 02/03 reg for 2k, the Diesel engine is good, but as others will confirm, they are prone to Injector problems around the 100k mark.

Caporegime
Sorry, not sure I understand that... currently it's 350 lease plus whatever running costs for insurance, diesel and possible service\repair. You saying that if I go for a 2K Jag It'll be those and more?

Well you say you want to get rid of that cost, and have a 2k budget so that says you want a comfortable runner that's cheap as chips to buy and run, old jags and mercs only fit the bill of comfortable

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...icleYearOfManufacture=2001&vehicleRegLetter=Y

I saw that, don't know how the Auto box is but that has everything for smooth comfortable driving as long as the bushes arn't utterly ****ed.

Associate
OP
At the risk of being shot down, can't you just use public transport? I'd rather get the train then sit in a **** £2K car personally.

good point but I'll need to change 3 times which is not ideal. Also, TBH, after driving for so long I dont think I'll be able to get used to public transport again...

Suspended
[TW]Fox;13227547 said:
There are loads of cars for £2k which are great. What do you drive, I bet there is a £2k car thats better than yours for example.

An Audi A3 1.9 TDi (02).

I'm sure you're right, but I am sure any such car would come with much more expensive running costs, servicing bills etc.

It was a genuine suggestion as well, for the limited mileage he's going to drive surely public transport has to be a possibility?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
At the risk of being shot down, can't you just use public transport? I'd rather get the train then sit in a **** £2K car personally.

I'd genuinely rather drive a £200 car than have nothing at all. Plus public transport is very very limited and will leave him totally isolated. What if he wants to do something routine like going shopping for a trolley of food, or pick up a few (example) doors from B&Q.

Not having a car = ridiculous.

Suspended
I'd genuinely rather drive a £200 car than have nothing at all. Plus public transport is very very limited and will leave him totally isolated. What if he wants to do something routine like going shopping for a trolley of food, or pick up a few (example) doors from B&Q.

Not having a car = ridiculous.

I agree with you 100%.

In my defence however, he didn't say that he didn't have a family car. He was just talking about a work car.

If he has only got one car then you're most certainly right, you need a car for getting the shopping if nothing else!

Suspended
[TW]Fox;13228829 said:
A previous shape A3. Examples of which just like yours, only without the diesel engine and perhaps older (But otherwise exactly the same car) are available for £2000.

See my point?

Yes, point taken.

I think we looked at the value of ours just before Christmas (we want to get a newer car this year) and it was worth around £5.5K. It wouldn't surprise me if that's fallen further since then of course :(

Associate
OP
well. i think we can safely take the public transport option out of the way... which leaves us with the modeo, a rover 75 and perhaps a good s60.

thanks for the suggestions, i'll start doing the rounds on autotrader!

Back
Top Bottom