Skate 2

Associate
i hope the skate 2 demo does appear tomorrow. I spent hours playing the skate 1 demo over and over :D

Me too, and then when I found out you could get out of the demo area that doubled the time! Although caused many restarts as I was pushing the boundaires of where you could get to before it crashed.

Soldato
One thing that annoyed me about Skate was the stupid loading times when you restarted a line that was at a different height to where you first started, even though it was only a few metres away. I hope that is fixed!

Associate
One thing that annoyed me about Skate was the stupid loading times when you restarted a line that was at a different height to where you first started, even though it was only a few metres away. I hope that is fixed!

Yea, I still play skate a lot and that bugs me so much. Because all I do now is hunt for spots and lines I use session markers a lot, I used to get angry but now I just sigh!

Hope they have improved lag in free skate MP as I liked playing it with mates online but they were always fairly jerky and the speed didn't seem quite right so you couldn't always tell what they were doing!

Soldato
Yea, I still play skate a lot and that bugs me so much. Because all I do now is hunt for spots and lines I use session markers a lot, I used to get angry but now I just sigh!

Hope they have improved lag in free skate MP as I liked playing it with mates online but they were always fairly jerky and the speed didn't seem quite right so you couldn't always tell what they were doing!

Think it was you and me in Free Skate lagging all over old town? Still good times trying to manual the table and hop the gap :p

FACEPLANT!

Associate
Remember you can queue it up on Xbox.com to download when you turn it on next.

Can't wait to play this when I get it. Definitely my most anticipated game that I can think of.

Caporegime
OP
Well now I've finished my first time limit I'll go into a bit more detail:

Graphics are a slight but noticeable improvement and gameplay felt silky smooth.
Audio is very good, sound effects seem pretty much the same, music in the demo was very good.
New tricks feel very natural to do and I can see them being very useful in lines, especially the inverts and various plant tricks. Getting off your board allows you to move things around, very easy to use and really opens up some new lines. The park in the demo has a good range of pieces to trick off, spent most of my time on the kickers and rails to the right as you go in.

Replay editor felt a little unintuitive compared to Skate 1's, however once Id read the help :)p) it became just as easy to use, can't figure out how to change camera filters or if that feature has been removed. The new camera options in replays are brilliant, should allow a much larger variety of vids.

Tim limit seemed a little stingy compared to last time (15 mins last time, this time you get time based on completing objectives, I ended up with about 6 after finishing everything) Im going to play it again and ignore the objectives and see how much I get.

Cant wait for this now :)

Back
Top Bottom