Airsoft - Visiting 'Wolf Armouries' tomorrow!

Caporegime
HOWEVER, Airsoft has gained a specific defence in the act meaning that from 01/10/2007, anyone intending to purchase a RIF from Wolf Armouries must either:

- Be a registered UKARA member or a member of a registered Airsoft skirmishing site. To purchase online, customers will need to be UKARA registered.

Caporegime
That's only if you aren't on the database.

ooh your right he doesnt need to be on the database if he wants a silly colour
If you are not registered with an Airsoft site or with UKARA yet or cannot get along to an Airsoft skirmish site to get registered then you can still purchase Airsoft guns under certain conditions.

In line with the Violent Crime Reduction Act (Sec38 (3) (b)), a gun is deemed unrealistic if the majority (i.e. +50%) is in a bright colour.
Acceptable colours detailed in the act are (Available colours from us are marked in bold):
- bright red
- bright orange - Available
- bright yellow - Available
- bright green - Available
- bright pink
- bright purple &
- bright blue

Soldato
Kind of lost interest when the gun/rifle had to be a bright colour, how **** is that:o

Seems pretty sensible to me to reduce the possibity of numpties using them to threaten people, and more importantly for the police to be able to tell an airsoft gun from a real one at a distance. I still dont see why they allow replica weapons to look so realistic.

Im all for people being able to enjoy their passtime and its a shame that due to gun crime they cant anymore, but its not a problem thats going to go away and tbh making all airsoft weapons bright orange is better than simply banning them totally.

Associate
if your lucky somehow you can order from a US store, hope it gets past customs and use that one since everything is black apart from the end of the barrel

Soldato
Seems pretty sensible to me to reduce the possibity of numpties using them to threaten people, and more importantly for the police to be able to tell an airsoft gun from a real one at a distance. I still dont see why they allow replica weapons to look so realistic.

Im all for people being able to enjoy their passtime and its a shame that due to gun crime they cant anymore, but its not a problem thats going to go away and tbh making all airsoft weapons bright orange is better than simply banning them totally.

How I wished I kept my AEG AK47 full electric, internal upgrades, wooden stock the lot:(. Not all of us want to join a club I certainly don't, I have a very long garden so enjoy blinkering at a target in the comfort of my home. To be honest if your dumb enough to walk around with an imitation firearm then you deserve to be shot IMO!

Arc

Arc

Associate
Don't get a two tone, they look horrid and don't be silly and order from abroad as it's really not worth the hassle. You'd be surprised how good HMG Customs are........

Does that mean you have to be part of a club or do you just sign up on to the database and bobs your uncle?

Go to a skirmish site registered with UKARA, play in three skirmishes in not less than two months (eg. play at least three games over a three month period) and you can get registered with UKARA and buy what you want.

Trust me, skirmishing is a lot more fun than shooting at targets in your back garden ;).

Soldato
Don't get a two tone, they look horrid and don't be silly and order from abroad as it's really not worth the hassle. You'd be surprised how good HMG Customs are........

Go to a skirmish site registered with UKARA, play in three skirmishes in not less than two months (eg. play at least three games over a three month period) and you can get registered with UKARA and buy what you want.

Trust me, skirmishing is a lot more fun than shooting at targets in your back garden ;).

Not if you generally hate the company of others lol, I'm not a people person;).

Soldato

Just a note on the twotones... its also an offense to purchase a twotone and respray it to make it a RiF.
Skirmishing is great fun, even my wife got into it. If you get licensed, you need to play at least once every six months to keep the UKARA license valid, incidentally.

Permabanned
What the hell has this Country come to when you need a bloody licence to own what is basically, for all intents and purposes, a toy gun?

Back
Top Bottom