Good restaurant in York?

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm off to York at the weekend with my girlfriend and wondered if anyone had a recommendation for a good restaurant? Any type of food will do.

Cheers

Ferret

Soldato
There's a nice Steak pub near the Science park and the Uni, on Hull road - A1079. Steaks are served on a hot skillet, still sizzling when they pop them in front of you :p - ask for 1 level rarer than your normal steak though, as it keeps on cooking as you eat it!

Darned if I can remember the name of it, though I havent lived in York in a few years.

Associate
The Steak resturant is called El Goucho I think

It depends on budget, top end try J. Bakers Bistro Moderne or the Blue Bicycle.

Meltons Too is good too for a slight lower price.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
I'm off to York with my family for the weekend too. I've been to Fellinis before which is a lovely Italian restaurant which is always busy when I've been there, might be worth booking.

Soldato
The Blue Bicycle is on the way to town and has Michelin stars, I think. Orgasmic by the Cinema in town is pretty good also and does a plum sauce duck Pizza, which is amazing!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Earl Gray Tea Rooms down The Shambles is always a winner for me, or try Little Betties down Stonegate (prepare to queue though)

Soldato
Cheers guys,

El Gaucho's sounds nice, also the Blue Bycycle..

Any more?

Overrated steak house IMO, if you want steak harvilles is your place in the city center, Fellinis as mentioned it good for italian. If curry is your choice is akhbars or saffron are your best bet in city center.

Avoid the chains ..... york can offer a lot more. JB baker is shut until Feb as well ............

Associate
blue bicycle, strada, the lime house, nineteen, kennedys. You have a real good selection in York

I really didn't rate the limehouse. Whilst the food was good (although pretty pricey) the place felt a bit cheap. The waiting on staff weren't that good either.

Blue bicylce though, that's good. Even better when there's a 'FOIE GRAS IS EVIL' protest on outside.

Soldato
Yea the Blue Bicycle is really nice. I wouldn't normally recommend a chain, but the Ask in York is in an amazing building. Kennedy's is awesome, and I would definately recommend a trip to Evil Eye-really nice food and even better drinks!

Soldato
Yea the Blue Bicycle is really nice. I wouldn't normally recommend a chain, but the Ask in York is in an amazing building. Kennedy's is awesome, and I would definately recommend a trip to Evil Eye-really nice food and even better drinks!

Evil eye gone the hill abit recently , a few girls have got hassle from local idiots in the toilets etc etc. Is still a good bar though ......:)

Back
Top Bottom