Skate 2

Soldato
Mine downloaded incredibly quickly, come along way from the first Skate demo, that took half a day!

But you downloaded it at 11am while everyone was at work! Took a while for me downloading about an hour ago, bet the servers were getting hammered. :D

Enjoyed the demo, does seem like the same game with a lot more polish (not a bad thing!)...moving objects and walking controls are intuitive enough. Don't know if I'll play the demo again though, as the main appeal of skate for me is just cruising around non-stop and the time limit takes all that away - I'll just wait until the full game is out. :D

Soldato
well i got a 48hr free trial for gold with my xbox 60gb at xmas. But when i signed upto live it seems to have given me 1 month free anyway? All of this dont really matter as i dont have the xbox connected to live normally anyway. But im sitting here playing skate 2 demo now and loving it :D

Associate
Does anyone think that they have over complicated the level design. Like skate was really very simple, blocks straight lines and things.

But the first think I noticed about this demo was that there was a lot more to the level, little funny shaped hills and stuff, I'm not sure I like that keep getting like random extra pop or funny landings because I am hitting these strange new sort of hidden angles.

Like the ability to get off the board and all the boneless and fastplant stuff (although it will take a while to get used to how it works) the walking seems a bit weird, only for turning and when I am trying to grab objects though. Unsure about this whole things move and fall over when you hit them, that could get annoying as you have to get off your board to reset them!

Associate
I quite enjoyed the demo, but does anyone else think the visuals are a little rough around the edges compared to the original? The original was gorgeous to look at but this seems a little "unfinished" for want of a better word.

Caporegime
OP
I liked the player customisation too. Seemed somewhat improved with plenty of options! :)

Yeah that was drastically improved. In Skate 1 it was really slow to change and buy clothes, you had to wait ages for stuff to load and preview it on your character but it was very quick in this demo.

Soldato
the visuals are an improvement on the 1st, game play is also nice and silky smooth now.

as a whole it doesn't feel like a huge improvement over the original, more of a gradual evolution.

Back
Top Bottom