Just Got Back From The Cop Shop...

Associate
Hi All,

Last night a few of the lads, myself and my girlfriend were out at a local pub, I was driving, so was another. Come time we left the pub and started for home... I had just noticed the red light come on so I swiftly turned into the nearest tesco to fill up, this was about 1:00-1:30am. filled up etc and on the way back i turn out of the supermarket to see a group of people walking onto the pavement about 10 metres in front of me, now I notice quite a large bloke having a right go at a couple of girls, and as I got closer i slowed to allow them to get onto the pavement. Unfortunately for some unknown reason, the big guy turns around and glares at me, i notice traffice lights are red...

so i pull the car to a stop just before the bloke and traffic lights, he starts calling me a ****** **** (I read his lips) and starts running toward the car. I notice the lights are still red so I have no idea what to do. The bloke didnt look like he wanted a friendly chat so I put it into reverse, but he starts running faster and reached the car quickly, I thought about a three point turn but where he was standing made it impossible... at this point he slams his fist into my bonnet and wing denting it. I notice he is standing slightly off to one side so I boot it and go straight through the red light.

I immediately called the police and they were soon there and allowed me to identify the goon. I went back to the station and made a statement, as did my girlfriend who was the only passenger.

I hear from the plod that he accused me of driving at him, They have arrested him before however and he will be going to court.

Sorry to post an essay, Im just wondering if I did the right thing and Im very worried about repercussions...

Associate
OP
It will teach you not to stare :p

You should have been more ALPHA!!!!

I never stared, didnt even make eye contact until he turned in a rage...

I did consider being more "Alpha" but from a thinking point of view it wouldnt have made the situation any better would it?

Permabanned
I never stared, didnt even make eye contact until he turned in a rage...

I did consider being more "Alpha" but from a thinking point of view it wouldnt have made the situation any better would it?

What would have happened if you went through the red light?

Associate
OP
I know but I'm talking about before you bothered to put it in reverse then changed your mind :p

The bloke was infront of the car at that point, that would have constituted driving at him, and thus far he hadnt shown threatening behaviour enough for me to think about going through the light.

Associate
OP
I suspect he was drunk or under the influence of something...

Just had a call to say that they have decided to charge him and are taking him to court, the chances of me getting repairs to my car paid for are unlikely :(

Associate
What car have you got?

I'd be extremely annoyed if some guy came up and dented my bonnet right infront of me. Good job they got him however

same here,

Fantom, for what it's worth, I think you did the right thing mate, this bloke is obviously a lower natured aggressive ******* idiot and you didn't do anything wrong at all or to provoke him, and its out of order that he thinks he can go around hassling women and treating people like that, and causing criminal damage, I mean it's not even as if you provoked him for goodness sake, all you done was made a bit of eye contact which, in fact he started.

If the guy has one ounce of sense he wouldn't dare try any sort of "revenge" nonsense because of the fact he is known to the police AND been in trouble before, he would probably end up going down and also, it's not as if he knows where you live anyway.

this idiot brought it on himself and its good that he got caught too.

Soldato
J turn for the manliness win.

Considering doing a test standard 3 point turn in the face of a lumbering chav psychopath = loss of 1 point.

I suggest you do something with power tools this weekend.

Associate
OP
same here,

Fantom, for what it's worth, I think you did the right thing mate, this bloke is obviously a lower natured aggressive ******* idiot and you didn't do anything wrong at all or to provoke him, and its out of order that he thinks he can go around hassling women and treating people like that, and causing criminal damage, I mean it's not even as if you provoked him for goodness sake, all you done was made a bit of eye contact which, in fact he started.

If the guy has one ounce of sense he wouldn't dare try any sort of "revenge" nonsense because of the fact he is known to the police AND been in trouble before, he would probably end up going down and also, it's not as if he knows where you live anyway.

this idiot brought it on himself and its good that he got caught too.

Thanks and yeah thats true I suppose :)

Associate
OP
J turn for the manliness win.

Considering doing a test standard 3 point turn in the face of a lumbering chav psychopath = loss of 1 point.

I suggest you do something with power tools this weekend.

Honestly I did consider trying a J turn, although Id never done one previous and the space was limited, I wasnt going to risk damaging the car myself because that would = epic fail

I was actually considering using the grinder to shape some bears teeth into arrows to use to take down some silverbacks on sundays safari trip... lucky that!

Associate
OP
at 12p a week for life probably. :rolleyes: bloomin muppetts (stronger words prefered!)

Thought as much, im thinking it will cost around £200 to repair, the car is going in for repairs on monday anyway (a lady kindly reversed into my parked car...)

So I may well add to it with my own money, but this will be the second time ive resprayed the bonnet :(

Back
Top Bottom