Post your Portable Audio Equipment Pictures

Soldato
Seen this recently on another forum so out of boredom I thought I'd start a thread for people to post pictures of their portable audio equipment.

Try to keep the pic's 640x480 but not essential, I'll start off :D

S9.jpg

Cowon S9 Curve 16gb with Shure SE110 ear buds.

Soldato
CRW_0406.jpg

Mylarone X3i's
White Sony EX85
Black Sony EX085
Black Sony EX90
Sony NWZ-A815 2GB
Creative Zen Vision-M 60GB
Fiio amp
CMOY Mint Tin Amp

Not included my headphones as I don't really use them outside apart from my Grado SR80's.

Soldato
OP
*snip*

Mylarone X3i's
White Sony EX85
Black Sony EX085
Black Sony EX90
Sony NWZ-A815 2GB
Creative Zen Vision-M 60GB
Fiio amp
CMOY Mint Tin Amp

Not included my headphones as I don't really use them outside apart from my Grado SR80's.

I've heard a lot about using portable headphone amps to boost the quality and increase the sound output quality, what are they like and are they worth it?

Can't seem to find any on sale in the uk.

Man of Honour
I use a regular amp (same principle, different sized housing) and I have to say it's given me a great increase in sound quality.

Search for the CMOY amps which aren't a bad beginner's buy for a portable amp. Check for them on eBay, auctions should exist sometimes where you're able to sometimes send in your own spare mint tin and the seller will fit the equipment inside.

Associate
Isn't that a bit bulky to be carrying around? Or do you have it in a very large pocket or perhaps in a bag?

Just seems a bit extreme for something such as an MP3 player. :p

Soldato
I've been trying for ages to find a line-out dock for my Vision-M, can't seem to find them anywhere, only for the ipods.

The one that came with the player is a bit chunky and is prone to coming loose in my pocket.

Man of Honour
No photo's - no camera. :(

My players:
Cowon 16gb D2 + 3 x 32gb SDHC card
Cowon 32gb O2 + the same SDHC's as above. :D
Cowon X5L 30gb - with a broken joystick and a dead battery - works on mains with the remote though
Cowon M3 40gb - battery life measured in minutes
Cowon A2 20gb - not used much any more as replaced with the o2 above. The other half likes it though.
iRiver H140 40gb - still works perfectly - used mainly to record now.

Fiio amp
CMOY Mint Tin Amp

Those amps. Really like the CMOY
Am looking at buying a desktop headphone amp though.

Headphones:
Goldring DR150 - not overly impressed with the build quality - feel like they are made from the same plastic as milk cartons are now - these are mainly used by the other half now.
Sennheiser HD650 - Replacements for my broken HD580's - and not as good. :(
Shure Se530 + Custom moulded earpieces - Lovely. :D
ACS T1 full customs - arriving soon... *not soon enough!*

Last edited:
Soldato
holy bump batman! :p

clip.jpg

8gb clip/fiio e5. i have some sennheiser px100s so all in all i've spent £90 total. i think it sounds pretty decent for the money spent. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
12Gb Sansa Fuze with Soundmagic PL-30

Very, very pleased with how it sounds. Spend 50 on the player and about 20 on the earbuds which are supposed to sound similar (some people even say better) than the Shure E4C

img4271f.jpg

Soldato
Took delivery of some UE triple.fi 10s yesterday so thought I'd post a pic of my setup. That's a Fiio E5 and Sony NWZ player. Sounds absolutely awesome, the triple.fis really bring a new level of enjoyment to listening to music. :)

dsc0050srv.jpg

Soldato
How do I go about making one of these small 3.5mm-3.5mm audio cables to go between amp and player?

I'm stuck with a metre long effort atm, and it drives me nuts.

EDIT: Never mind, I butchered some old cables for the jacks and bodged up a 3 inch cable :D For a quick 1 hours job (I'm not great with the old soldering iron) it's alright. Might pick up some better components in the future when I have more time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom