400,000 graduate jobs

Caporegime
Ive got a 2:2 and i'm on 20k a year.

You could have the 1st class degree from a top uni but no social aptitude, experience or common sense and struggle to get anywhere.

Hmmm, maybe I should tell the people I work with who have PHDs from Oxford and Cambridge.

Associate
I was told that companies would make exceptions to the UCAS points requirements for mature students - I certainly hope so, I really screwed up my A levels when I did them 20 years ago (in the second year of an IT degree at the moment, and getting worried about the job/placement situation).

Soldato
Run the project, like the project manager normally does you mean?

Environmental design and energy efficency are the building services engineers realm really.

Look, you just doodle random drawings and steal most of the money from a project as an architect......to be honest it seems a good life, do it!

Here here

Associate
Great thread I might add!

I studied Computer Science at the University of Wolverhampton. Came out with a 2:1 Honours Degree in Sept 2007. I did one years placement (core module for my course) and that job was as a Techy at a Secondary school. I loved it!

I really wanted a job in this field as a Techy/Network techy but didn't go down that route. Instead I started up my own computer repair business in Januray 2008 and since then I have acquired many customers. I'll be opening up my own shop very soon. ;)

Soldato
Yeap, KPMG Tax graduate scheme. I done an internship in their tax department last summer.

Just to give you an idea on jobs my course mate told me there were 19,000 applications for 7 jobs in Ernst & Young Ireland.

Any extra time is good extra time. There's always a chance that the final exams (not mocks) are different/unexpected/more difficult that year so I'd rather only have to do the mocks. I've been told the mocks are usually harder than the finals though haha.

It all helps on it's way to the first time pass bonus ;)

Well exemptions really are only of use in the first lot of exams imo as you do tax TPS at the same time as TC accounting and business law. I finished my first lot in October and those with exemptions weren't much better off, in fact two of the guys failed the tax module even though they had the exemptions for the TCs, they were a bit workshy though. Good luck with the application process but I wouldn't be surprised if you get deferred. As has been reported in the Times and Mail, there's a flexible working initiative going round at the moment where they want most of us to go on 4 day weeks or take sabbaticals to cut costs until things pick up again :(

Soldato
This thread worries me, currently at college doing "Business" and hope to go to Strathclyde or Glasgow uni afterwards. My future looks bad :(

Soldato
It depends on you as an individual... doing business doesnt mean your going to be a successful business professional, i think in that industry a lot of it relies on your personality

Back
Top Bottom