The Wrestler

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I really didn't like this film, it was quite boring. The emotion wasn't really there for me. I did watch it following Gran Torino mind you, which was awesome in comparison.

Soldato
Usually I love these sort of films, and I'm a massive fan of Aronofsky, but I didn't like this film as much as I wanted/thought.

Rourke was good mind, the story was lacking something, but I did love the way it ended.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I am Chuffed to bits to see Mickey Rourke in a well paid well advertised roll again, I hope he keeps it together long enough to make another.
God knows whether it'll be any good but If you ask me IF Rourke is on form then it'll be worth the fee just to see him, Awesome Dude & a Proper character.

Don
she said "no i won't watch that"

but it's my birthday this month, so i could guilt her into going

but i want her to go "wow, amazing film", not "omg that was pants"

any wrestling haters seen it and liked it?! :)

Soldato
I am looking forward to seeing this - really looks good.

I am by no means a big wrestling fan, haven't watched it since I was about 10 - 13ish (22 now) but it looks good. Saying that I did read Mick Foleys book and that is a great read.

Rich

Soldato
after all the reviews I was really looking forward to this, I must say I was hugely disappointed. The wrestling scenes are very well done but other then that I just found it a bit dull.

each to their own I guess but I just didn't click with it.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
after all the reviews I was really looking forward to this, I must say I was hugely disappointed. The wrestling scenes are very well done but other then that I just found it a bit dull.

each to their own I guess but I just didn't click with it.

Damn :(
I hate wrestling & only wanted to see Mickey Pawning again.

Associate
she said "no i won't watch that"

but it's my birthday this month, so i could guilt her into going

but i want her to go "wow, amazing film", not "omg that was pants"

any wrestling haters seen it and liked it?! :)

It isn't really about wrestling. Whether someone loves or hates wrestling shouldn't be an issue. It's about a guy who has failed at life and his relationship with his daughter and Marissa Tomei getting her funbags out.

You should take her to see it, if she likes good stories she will enjoy it and you will get laid. If she hates it you will have the mental image of Marissa Tomei to jack off to anyway.

Associate
Just watched the film at my local cinema in oz. Believe me, this is a definite 'must-see' even if you aren't a wrestling fan. Mickey Rourke is fantastic and the way the film just seems to stumble from scene to scene, following Rourkes slow decent is inspired. It's like the cameraman is feeling the same emotions as Rourke and expressing through he camerawork.

Don't worry about taking a non wrestling fan. I took two and they absolutely loved it.

matt.

Soldato
Seen it last night and was incredib ly bored through most of it. If it had a powerful storyline I could understand and probably enjoy it, but it couldnt hold my attention at all. It had a couple of funny parts in it, but on the most part I spent the majority of the film wishing id stayed home and watched the snooker.

The main annoyance with it for me though was the film could have been a lot shorter if it didnt spend so much time filming him and his heavy breathing, which is the main thing that really made me bored in the film.

If you want an interesting fighting film, watch Never Back Down, its a lot lot better.

Back
Top Bottom