My VX220 Supercharger Conversion

Soldato
OP
Yesterday I spent the day at Courtenays having it checked over and having the map tweaked.

Here are the results:

Stage_1_SC.JPG

As you can see the graphs are so smooth and that is exactly how the car feels to drive, instant and progressive power. If it wasn't for the supercharger whine, (which I now quite like actually), you couldn't tell it was forced induction from the way it behaves. The power delivery is immensely preferable to the various turbos I have driven.

The quoted power level is officially 210bhp and the price fully installed is £3,300 inc VAT

Stage_1_SC1.JPG

I'm going stage 2 in April (260bhp) and already have most of my new engine ready for the winter when I'll be swapping to the following for hopefully above 300bhp.

- Ported and pollished 2.0 LSJ Head which is further modified
- Comp blower cams
- 2.0 block
- saab turbo pistons
- forged eagle rods
- 6 rib belt alternator and crank pulley
- lightweight flywheel
- sports clutch
- 2.0 LSJ throttle body
- Harrop supercharger
- Full 3" 2bular exhaust including 4-2-1 manifold

Soldato
Fantastic results mate. The torque curve is spot on. Much better than my Mk3 LET that had nothing till 4K. Would love to see this on the track.

Hopefully I'll have a similar setup at some point in the future :)

olv

olv

Soldato
great stuff. it is going to be an absolute weapon when finished. I'd imagine the power delivery would make it a fair bit faster on track too compared to a similarly setup vx turbo?

Soldato
OP
great stuff. it is going to be an absolute weapon when finished. I'd imagine the power delivery would make it a fair bit faster on track too compared to a similarly setup vx turbo?

The turbo would pull away more with a big lump of torque but the supercharged car would be away before then as the power comes in more quickly. One thing is for sure, the SC car is a lot more driveable, is a lot easier to exploit and will hopefully be able to run all day long without heat buildup being too much of an issue.

Associate
The quoted power level is officially 210bhp and the price fully installed is £3,300 inc VAT

Ive bean looking at the VX220 for a while, was gunning for the turbo version. is that the price for the whole install? engine and the lot?? as that's less than the price difference between a good standard VX220 and a turbo version.

edit 400HP sounds fun

Back
Top Bottom