Wimpy burger

Soldato
still one near me that i use often down south in Portslade. Its the only place i will have a burger in a fast food shop and Wimpy are miles ahead that Burger King and McDonalds. Their Chicken In A Bun is simply unbeatable.

Caporegime
i remember going to wimpys a few times around 15 years ago for the fries, they used to give you ateast 2-3x the amount the mcdonalds around the corner did :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Our local Wimpy got converted to a Burger King. I'm glad too, it wasn't a proper Wimpy, it was a tiny, half-arsed attempt at a McDonalds clone.

Associate
We have a wimpy in the town here, but like most people here i havent been to it in about ummmm 6 - 7 Years. Looking at the menu on their site though, wish i had been. The Wimpy Pork Rib & Chips looks very nice .. oh and the Barbelicious BBQ Burger looks nice also.

Gah its only 10:05am and im bloody starving now !

Soldato
I think there's still one in Bridgwater in Somerset, I'm sure it was still there last time I visited a year or 2 ago, and remember it fondly. I used to go there as a kid after swimming at the Lido, way before I'd even heard of Macdonalds or Burger King!

Soldato
I went to one last year after not having seen one around for over 10 years...
It was at a service station somewhere, (not from the uk don't remember).

I was gobsmacked, hiding right at the back of the station!
Had to get something for the hell of it!

Sol

Sol

Associate
Yup their is Kirkcaldy see my earlier post. :p

We used to have 2 in Aberdeen: one in the mega bowl and one at the Sunset Boulevard, I think the Boulevard one is still open.

I used to love Wimpy's when I was a kid and the last time I had one a year or so ago it was really good. I'd have a Wimpy over a McD or BK anyway - they get reserved for "inability to taste anything on a drunken night out" purposes.

Seems to be a fair bit of inconsistency in the quality of Wimpy by the sounds of it though.

Back
Top Bottom