• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800 GT went poof, need a new one..

Associate
Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a tricky situation at the moment. My gfx card went POP the other day and I am in desparate need of a new one but budget is tight at the moment, student and all that..

Mobo is, funnily enough, nVidia one (A-bit to be precise), PSU is to match etc etc.

The games I play are WoW, TF2, RTS' such as total war etc etc. Have got a 19" monitor so no need to worry about HUGE resolutions etc.

Budget is about £100 to £150, can any of you help? I'm starting to twitch with my lack of internetz gaming!! :D

Love and cuddles,

Agent.

Permabanned
While I think a 4850 is more than capable for what you want, it's most definitely not overkill.

A 4850 would be perfect, it's well within budget, and you can upgrade your monitor if you wanted to in the future without worrying about getting yet another graphics card, because a 8800GT/9800GT is a fair amount slower than a 4850 for not much less cost.

Also, I'd never recommend buying a second hand graphics card, because it has more chance of going pop than a new one, and if it does you're done for because you'd have no warranty.

Associate
OP
Hi guys,

Thank you all for your replies.

Ordered a 4850 yesterday and it should have arrived today. Will be interesting to fun to go back to the old ATi days from being with nVidia for a while.

Good to see there are still some of the "old-boys" kicking about, Loadsamoney for example. Hope your all keeping well!

Regards,

Agent

Back
Top Bottom