What car do you drive and why?

Caporegime
And you! Yes you! I'm sure you were always jacking off on here about how great your saab was?
Errm...excuse me?

What's your point?

For what I needed the Saab was perfect. Most of my driving was on the motorway, what it was built for. Plus I had no money at the time, so the car for £800 quid and cost me nothing else apart from tyres and petrol in the 14 months or so I was driving it then it's simply great value for money.

I've since moved, and until this week 95% of my driving was through country lanes (a healthy portion still is) and I was bored of the Saab, had some cash so saw it as a good opportunity to move towards something more fun and exciting....sorry for upgrading, won't do it again :rolleyes:

Associate
Current car: VW Golf GTI Pirelli

Works car loan scheme means I get a brand new car every 6 months, at the time of ordering the Pirelli it was in my opinion the best car on the list.

Next car: Ordered a Tiguan Sport 2.0TSI for June/July time

Soldato
Next: Alfa GTV because I'm a moron.

Forgot about this thread...

Current: Alfa GTV 2.0
Why: I wanted one and figured that I might aswell get it over and done with now rather than later in life.
I think they look nice, handle well and are comfortable inside.
It's not a practical car at all so it's also the right time to own for me, I don't need a practical car right now.
I'll hopefully not be destroyed by reliability issues so will be able to keep the car for a good while yet.

Soldato
current car: BMW 525i SE

Bought it because i needed a car sharpish and it was the best compromise. Has grown on me as i wasn't a huge fan when i first got it.

Next car: job problems so probably the number 17 bus :(

Caporegime
Current? S2 Peugeot 106 Diesel

Why? Because I wanted to do my 15,000 miles a year as cheaply as possible and with me living in a warzone and the corrosponding age I needed to have a chance of insurance. It cost me £1500 and the same for insurance. The 1p difference with petrol went away a few weeks after that and carried on, I now live only a mile from work so it is more expensive then a petrol but changing up won't save any money so I'm stuck with it till I'm 21. Or until it does as it's on 70k and needs about £500 of work doing to it but I could buy a 1.1 for that and not affect my insurance.

Next? Plan was for an ST220, unfortunately that comes back as 1.5k for the insurance and then another 5k for the car. In the 'current climate' I don't think that's a good idea. Surprisingly I've been offered £750 to insure a 1.8 MX-5 and only another £50 for a Sport with the LSD, came as a shock that all of a sudden insurance companies were touching me with a RWD car but with them being so cheap and so cheap to run that looks like the next option. FI is impossible on the quote.

Soldato
Current : 407 1.6 HDI SE SW
Why: Because it was that or a Vectra with nothing on the company car list, it goes in 6 months...not like I'm counting or anything.

Next : 535D M Sport, 335D M Sport, XF 3.0D or something along those lines

Soldato
Current: Mitsubishi FTO GPX Manual

Why: I couldnt afford a Honda Integra and to me this seemed to fit the bill.

Next: Possibly something along the lines of a Honda Accord Type-R or maybe a BMW 3 series.

Soldato
Current : 407 1.6 HDI SE SW
Why: Because it was that or a Vectra with nothing on the company car list, it goes in 6 months...not like I'm counting or anything.

Next : 535D M Sport, 335D M Sport, XF 3.0D or something along those lines

seems a bit of a jump, a 110bhp car with a 18k P11d to a 250bhp car with a 30k P11d. You do "favours" for the fleet manager?

Caporegime
Current car is a Mk2 Mondeo Zetec, because it was cheap and does the job, but im bored of a car that 'does its job'

Next car, I want what peterattheboro has.... minus the kids part.

Indeed. Ohh well :)

I've got an ST220. As you can see from my sig.

Reasons: It was cheap, it's quick, it'll fit the kids in the back.

No idea what i'd change to as i've only just got it.

Man of Honour
Current car: Lovely '98 VW Polo 1.4CL

Why: cheap car cause i bought a house :) came up in decent knick with low milage and price tag, should be able to get the same as i paid for it 12months and 20k miles on :D

Next: not decided yet... a couple of things to test including s2000, mx5s (again), s3 (probably not) LCR & CTRs, but we'll see where things are by November...

might as well quote myself with an update :)

Value of the polo crashed pretty much right after i said this, putting me back a couple of months, no great shakes...

Current car: 2005 A3 3.2 Quattro

Why: Cause it was cheap as chips for what it was, i can cruise around in it and push it pretty nicely and while its not as raw or balanced as many other cars i'd love to have bought i just don't get to drive in a way that justifies a 50:50 sports car :(

Next: I'd still love a 350z or s2000 but realistically (and after moving to a new house with a garage...) I'll probably get a lotus 7 style car, or maybe a British classic sports car and turn into a proper old man ;) oh and run something like an A3 day to day...

Back
Top Bottom