T-34

Caporegime
First skynet, now the T-series!

Japanese firms unveil 'robocop'
Prototype T-34 security robot throws a net during a demonstration in Tokyo, 22 January 2008
The T-34 is designed to launch a net over intruders

Two Japanese companies have unveiled a security robot that can be commanded from a mobile phone to hurl a net that traps suspected intruders.

The prototype T-34 was developed jointly by robot firm Tmsuk Co and security firm Alacom Co.

It moves at up to 10km/h (6mph), and can be controlled by someone seeing real-time images on a mobile phone.

The small robot is built on wheels and is equipped with sensors that can detect the movements of intruders.

"Security sensors often set off false alarms but examining the location with the robot will lead to more efficient operations," said a statement from the companies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7845879.stm
We're doomed!

Soldato
The picture in the article is pretty lame really isn't it, what you really want to see is a picture of an evil-assed looking robot ED-209 Stylee flinging nets left right and centre.

Spoils the illusion when when you see the tiny little robot in the back ground, just to the left of the guy caught in the net :(

Man of Honour
"Halt, or I will trundle after you slowly!"

I am not overly worried by a robot that can only travel at 6mph. :p

Soldato
I really really want to have a donor card with the following printed on it...

If found mortally wounded please donate my body to the future of law enforcement.

Back
Top Bottom