Any opinions on o2 broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Do you not have a control panel with o2 like you do with BE?

On my members page with BE i can select "gaming mode on/off" which is basically interleaving on and off and i also get 3 settings of "speed / Standard / Reliability" which changes the SNR margin from 3db / 6db / 9db

Permabanned
Do you not have a control panel with o2 like you do with BE?

On my members page with BE i can select "gaming mode on/off" which is basically interleaving on and off and i also get 3 settings of "speed / Standard / Reliability" which changes the SNR margin from 3db / 6db / 9db

Well i have no idea, i'm thinking about switching from Enta after the other days outage all day, 80k download speeds over the entire weekend.

Soldato
Quick question for the o2 guys here, I got myself setup with o2 a few months back now and I'm very happy with the service. But I now need to sort out some broadband for my parents (looking at the o2 standard package).

They don't have any o2 mobiles at the moment but are there any other discounts/deals (thinking referal from myself?) that can be had at the moment to get the monthly cost nearer to the discounted £7.34 per month rather than £12.23?

Soldato
I think the Quidco discount is still on, but I'm not sure if it's still £70 or if it's back down to £25 again?.

Think it dropped to £25 and then for some strange reason went back up to £70 again, going by what I have read online.

I didn't know about this "Quidco" thingy when I signed up with o2 last month, only learned of it afterwards by browsing various forums so I lost out......damn!!!.

Soldato
Just migrated in today as I couldnt refuse the deal since I am already an O2 customer.

Using my Netgear DG834G V3 (I know, not the best for the network but I will upgrade to a GT model soon), I got the following:

speed.io.png

Have been playing on Xbox Live for most of the night also with only one drop out.

Just need to pursuade them to disable interleaving now :p

Permabanned
They don't have any o2 mobiles at the moment but are there any other discounts/deals (thinking referal from myself?) that can be had at the moment to get the monthly cost nearer to the discounted £7.34 per month rather than £12.23?

Drop me an email to the one in my trust or add my MSN and I should be able to help. :)

Associate
I stuck wit O2's DNS servers myself and don't have many problems anymore. Even over the weekend when O2 were having problems my connection was faster than ever. Given I'm on a long line I carn't expect anymore than I'm getting right now.

Even my ping has improved today.

Soldato
Apparently tier 1 support can't disable interleaving, but tier 2 can. If you phone them after 11pm apparently you have a better chance of getting through to tier 2 support.
I know some people have had it disabled on o2.

Soldato
I am going to try that tonight ^^

After reading a few things they dont like to actually disable interleaving and put you on fathpath but just limit the effect of interleaving to a minimum.

Soldato
Had my O2 installed on my new line today, here are the stats.

Uptime: 0 days, 0:04:33
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,308 / 11,333
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 42.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 7.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,090
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 6

I'm very happy with the speed.

Associate
Had my O2 installed on my new line today, here are the stats.

Uptime: 0 days, 0:04:33
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,308 / 11,333
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 18.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 42.5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 7.0 / 6.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / BDCM
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 2,090
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 7
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 6

I'm very happy with the speed.

Ours was very slow at the start of connection, for about 2 weeks or so. After that the service has been very good. Connection speeds of upto 16Mb with their 20Mb service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom