What if i was to build a pc and raffle it off??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Okay so i want to build a custom watercooled pc for the gamers here, buy the parts with my own money and once its built post up the pics and then raffle it off.

so i propose a poll.. would you:

a) not buy a ticket
or
b) pay £5 for the chance to win a 1.6k watercooled gaming pc (to the quality of my older projects, V300 & G70)

let me know your thoughts. as you know im a well respected member of these forums. i would also let a 3rd party hold the funds till the winner receives said system to remove any suspicion.

discuss.

StevenG

Soldato
I would quite happily be prepaired to buy a ticket for £5!
It's a awesome idea to do this and i reckon it will go down very well!

I could imagine though that if i ordered my new pc build tomorrow and then buy a ticket that i'd win it and have no need for the pc i was going to build!
not that thats bad luck but it would still be annoying! haha

Soldato
I wouldn't bother, you'd have to sell at least 320 tickets, maybe a bit more once you cover P&P. I wouldn't fancy those odds so I'd give it a miss.

Soldato
I believe you're not allowed to raffle off more tickets than the prize is worth, also. I.e if it's worth £1500, you're not allowed to sell more than 300 tickets. Any more and you have to seek approval from the gambling commission, I think.

Soldato
I believe you're not allowed to raffle off more tickets than the prize is worth, also. I.e if it's worth £1500, you're not allowed to sell more than 300 tickets. Any more and you have to seek approval from the gambling commission, I think.

Or just say you can enter free by posting your address etc through the mail.

Soldato

Quiet you... :p

I'd be up for another one of your project logs, so count me in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom