Or...

Almunia

Sagna - Gallas - Toure/Djourou - Clichy

Cesc - Song - Nasri

Van Persie - ----------------- - Arshavin

-------------Adebayor

Get a bit of 4-3-3 action going.

Soldato
We won't have only 1 striker though. Providing we've not got somebody lined up to replace Keane, then all it would mean is Babel will get more opportunities up front and despite how poor he's been this season, he's been no worse than Keane.

Yes keane hasnt been great, but when given a chance everybody knows what he can do, the goal against arsenal is a shining example. I've got more faith in Ngog doing something than Babel right now...

I think Rafa is getting back at rick parry, but in the worst possible way as it affects the team. This is suicide; Rafa wont sign a contract and is heading to Madrid in the summer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Keane going is the right move for him and Liverpool, it just wasn't working. Concerned about the lack of cover but I'd be happy to see Babel get more opportunities.

Associate
Why the hell did we sell Robbie Keane back without giving the bloke a decent chance!!!

I have to say that I am bewildered by some of the decision made by Rafa Benitez, as a Liverpool fan. Im starting to dislike his antics and his ego...

If Fergie would have bought Keane, he would have been playing until he found the form on which he paid the money for. Rafa has played Robbie out of position and not allowed him enough time to gel and make good in the team. A poor poor decision and one that will come back and haunt us.

Just another thing that has ****** me off about Rafa over the last few weeks.

Soldato
Why the hell did we sell Robbie Keane back without giving the bloke a decent chance!!!

I have to say that I am bewildered by some of the decision made by Rafa Benitez, as a Liverpool fan. Im starting to dislike his antics and his ego...

If Fergie would have bought Keane, he would have been playing until he found the form on which he paid the money for. Rafa has played Robbie out of position and not allowed him enough time to gel and make good in the team. A poor poor decision and one that will come back and haunt us.

I'm with you one that. Anderson, while I agree that Keane going now was the right move, a lot of wrong moves have been made by Rafa with regard to him over the last few months. I can't believe that we have let a player of his quality become less than a bit part player.

Permabanned
Im not that bother about Keano going, the pressure was too much for the lad, esp considering he wasnt actually wanted by the manager.I'd have liked to see keane in Gerrards current role, and Stevie moved out wide, and Kuyt put down.

It galls me that we are losing 5mill so quickly:(

Associate

Personally I think he's had enough chances to impress. Rather they give babel an opportunity now to play upfront. Can't say I will miss Keane at all.

Man of Honour
Sunday, 24 May 2009
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham, 16:00

will be interesting :p

I wonder what the bookies would give me on Utd and Liverpool being level on points on the last day of the season and Keane scoring for Tottenham and costing Liverpool the title.

Don
It galls me that we are losing 5mill so quickly:(

Vintage Parry :o

Anyway it's only going to be around a £3m loss. We only spent £19m on him (£1.3m was based on appearances which he wouldn't have met) and the fee Spurs are paying is closer to £16m.

Back
Top Bottom