January Transfer Window Thread - rumours and signings here

daz

daz

Soldato
The structure of the Keane deal is such that no money will probably change hands.

Liverpool have probably paid £5-6m already to Tottenham in down payments and fees over the last 6 months, and they would have had the rest due over the next 18 months (usually the transfer fee will be spread over the length of the player's initial contract term). Leaving £14-£15m due... so Tottenham might have said something along the lines of "Write off the rest of what you owe us on Keane, and we'll have Keane back". So its just equivalent to a fee of ~£15m.

Associate
Not too upset at Keane's departure, I like the fella but I don't think that he would have ever fitted in with Liverpool's style of play under Benitez.

You just know that he will prob go and score the winner when Spurs come to Anfield!

Don
doesn't follow at all, the initial low fee suggests, as does common sense really that liverpool were very keen to sell. Spurs aren't crap negotiators, if they can see how much you've wanted to seel keane (and lets face it, who couldn't) then they've got the power at the negotiating table, just depends how much liverpool allowed themselves to get bent over in their negotiations. you should be ok though, after all i imagine parry handled the negotiating :). maybe i should send you a copy of the kidderminster kipper? seems it might be a bit more reliable than the echo :p
Disagree. Rafa may have been happy to sell him but we didn't need to sell and tbh other than stopping all the bs in the press, we've gained nothing (because we haven't been able to get a replacement) by selling him. So unless we were totally happy with the deal then i can't imagine it going through.

Parry's ok at selling players, it's buying them where it gets difficult for him. I wouldn't imagine his clown tricks go down too well with new players.
I wouldn't say Malouda is better than Quaresma, he is ridiculously overrated and frustratingly erratic. Nani is far, far better from what I've seen.

Quaresma's got far more ability than Nani. He just has a problem showing it consistently.

Man of Honour
Isn't Arshavin cup tied in the champs league?

Yeap he would be.

I said it before in this thread, but what are the chances he gets injured within a month and joins the rest of the lads on the treatment table?

I have no idea really. I honestly hadn't heard of him until last summer but the one thing I do remember being said was that he's very injury prone. I'd be utterly gutted if he does get crocked purely because of our desperation, the drop in moral that'd cause etc.

As said already, they've really given him the wrong shirt number. Unless he chose it..:confused:

Caporegime
Keane will be glad his nightmare is over now.

We may as well have sold him if hes not even getting picked for the subs bench.

I can see it now, last game of the season, we need to beat Spurs to get the title, but were gona get beat 1 nil, with Keane scoring it. :D

Soldato

I can see it now, lasty game of the season, we need to beat Spurs to get the title, but were gona get beat 1 nil, with Keane scoring it. :D

Its funny, if Liverpool win the league, he will get a medal, crazy january transfer window!

Soldato

I can see it now, last game of the season, we need to beat Spurs to get the title, but were gona get beat 1 nil, with Keane scoring it. :D

That's the second time I've read a similar scenario, Liverpool, last game of the season to win the title. hehe Thanks for the laugh lads. :D :p

Soldato
just seen serveal video clips highlighting Robbie Kean's skills on sky sports news and he still looks like a donkey, a hard working donkey is just what they need at the moment.

Shame that we didn't put in an offer for Micheal Johnson, Steven Ireland or Micha Richards,,, but Arshavin to wear number 13! time to order my shirt.

Don
Arshavin will do very well for Arsenal, cracking player.

Anyone who thinks he's overrated obviously hasn't seen enough of him.

That's the problem. He's done nothing for most of his career but has a decent season with Zenit and the Euros and he's now a superstar.

Soldato
Must admit all i've seen / heard is the recent hype from the Euros and Zenits UEFA cup run. Am curious to see how he'll do but will be very surprised if he settles in quick enough to make a difference. Pity he wont be in the champs league too :(.

Soldato
Quaresma is a poorer version of Nani which says it all really, wouldn't say either were any good.

Originally Quaresma was thought of highly (he was the hot topic it seemed two summers ago when Utd bought Anderson and Nani) , but now it looks like its his attitude problem thats skuppering most of the proposed deals

Cant see him doing much if its only a loan deal for 6 months, maybe the odd flash of brilliance in the odd game if he is match fit, otherwise I doubt anything will come of it

I hope Im wrong, EPL needs more flair players, but I just dont think he will cut the mustard but I guess Chelsea cant go wrong in the FA Cup or the EPL now anyway so its worth a gamble

Man of Honour
Arshavin will do very well for Arsenal, cracking player.

Anyone who thinks he's overrated obviously hasn't seen enough of him.

Know any clips we can gander to? I've heard nothing about him until the Euro's, and even if he is/was immense, then it'd only be in the Russian league, and playing for Russia. Very different to the EPL.

Err..can he play for us in Europe this season? I've just heard that players that move in the Jan transfer window can re-register at another club to do so? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom