January Transfer Window Thread - rumours and signings here

Don
Err..can he play for us in Europe this season? I've just heard that players that can move in the Jan transfer window can re-register at another club to do so? :confused:

No. Only players who have played in the Uefa cup can then play in the CL (and even then a max or 1 per side as Real found out :D) but if you've already played in the CL then you're cup tied.

Soldato
No. Only players who have played in the Uefa cup can then play in the CL (and even then a max or 1 per side as Real found out :D) but if you've already played in the CL then you're cup tied.

I know it doesnt apply here - but Im guessing a player moving from a CL team to a Uefa cup team would also be elligable (if they only had that one transfer)
- ie the exact opposite to your example - and its only CL>>CL and UEFA>>UEFA that are cup tied

Don
It was Diarra and Huntelaar. And suprisingly they've chosen to register Diarra.
I know it doesnt apply here - but Im guessing a player moving from a CL team to a Uefa cup team would also be elligable (if they only had that one transfer)
- ie the exact opposite to your example - and its only CL>>CL and UEFA>>UEFA that are cup tied
For some reason no they wouldn't be eligable. Once you've played in the CL you can't play for another side in any other European competition.

Soldato

That was reported at 1918,

BBC Live text says...

1942: Andrei Arshavin's agent has told us the Russian's move to Arsenal is "more or less" complete. Apparently, I'm devastated to tell you, "tomorrow we will find out for sure if it's gone through," says Dennis Lachter, who must be well acquainted with every single football journalist in England by now. I am so, so sorry. Honestly I am.

Caporegime
That's the problem. He's done nothing for most of his career but has a decent season with Zenit and the Euros and he's now a superstar.

Even poborsky had a good euro's :D

5 or 6 games of lower level euro comp does not make a great player imo. The step up to european champions league and EPL will be an interesting watch.

Don
The Guardian are reporting that the Keane deal is £12m 'quickly rising to £16m' and possibly as high as £19m, with the extra £3m being 'ambitous add-ons'. I'd imagine that's something along the lines of finishing in the top half :p

Caporegime

yay, we've signed an expensive unproven player who hasn't played in months and won't be match fit for a month at least, woo hoo. By the time he's match fit, we'll have several injured players back and be a few weeks away from Fabregas/Rosicky returns, woooo.

so even with Arshavin playing we're going to be stuck with one or two of Song/Diaby/Denilson playing and we'll still suck.

Hard to get excited over completely ignoring the squads problems and adding to our selection troubles in the positions he'll play.

Most retarded spunking of money in the history of football. we have a single position in the team not a single member of the team is capable of playing remotely well enough, let alone a backup to any player that could, so we spunked all our cash on a player we have a ridiculous number of first team and cover players that play in his position.

Its like Chelsea going and spending 30mil on another centre back who is good but really won't improve upon their main back 3 players, while they are desparate for wingers.

Soldato
That's the problem. He's done nothing for most of his career but has a decent season with Zenit and the Euros and he's now a superstar.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him a superstar, certainly not for £12m. I'm saying he's a very good player who will do well at Arsenal.

Associate
We've still got a little bit of time left for players to return for CL this season 24/02-11/03, I imagine at least Eduardo will be back by then, if not one other. Arshavin will hopefully help cement next seasons spot, which should be very high on the priority list.

Soldato
The Guardian are reporting that the Keane deal is £12m 'quickly rising to £16m' and possibly as high as £19m, with the extra £3m being 'ambitous add-ons'. I'd imagine that's something along the lines of finishing in the top half :p

Anything to make it sound good to all the Liverpool fans doing their best to understate the whole **** up ;)

Don
I wouldn't go as far as calling him a superstar, certainly not for £12m. I'm saying he's a very good player who will do well at Arsenal.

I didn't mean yourself specifically but up untill 18months ago most people had never heard of him but on the back of 1 season, a lot of people are talking about him like they've been watching for years.

Soldato
Thats true, in 6-8 weeks, we will have Rosicky, Walcott, and Eduardo back, all like 3 new signings.

And with Arsharvin all but confirmed. I hope for a strong, strong finish for us this season.

Soldato
WEll considering we're looking to buy Arshavin for, the right side, and Theo's supposed to be a month away from return and Fabregas and Rosicky two months away. Thats theo, Rosicky, Nasri all for two places anyway, with Eboue, Wilshire, ramsey(ish), Vela, Eduardo all as backup wingers. Signing Arshavin is lunacy, pure insanity. 15mil for a player who can play all the positions we have covered. I wouldn't mind if we were buying him as a striker, but then again, we've got what Ade who he won't drop, RVP who is the best player in the squad by a mile right now, Vela, Bendtner, Eduardo, Theo. Unless he will finally drop Ade and looks to sell him in the summer then I see no way he will fit into the current squad, and he's completely unproven in a top league.

Not to mention the way Wenger bloods foreign players, in his slow ass no matter how good they are they won't start more than 3 game in the first 6 months, by which time everyone injured will have long since been back, I just can't see it.

No it isn't, you have no idea about squad depth. Vela and Wiltshire aren't ready to play week in week out, so don't count on them. That leaves Nasri and Rosciky as "true" wingers. Walcott will eventually be a striker, Eboue is gash, Eduardo is not a winger, Bendtner is not a winger, V. Persie is not a winger.

We actually have something resembling cover for our wings now. What's been lacking in the squad latley, leaking goals or scoring goals? You know perfectly well we aren't creating enough chances and a creative mid is a priority. Yes, we need a new DM but obviously it didn't happen, however Wenger has said this window we are weak there so at least he now admits its. Shame he didn't sort it out sooner, but we've lacked creativity since Fabregas got injured and we needed someone to mix it up.

Re: Wengers settling in period, Sagna slotted in perfectly, hopefully Arshavin will after he gets to match fitness. He was at Zenit's Dubai training camp all last week so that's go to have helped.

Back
Top Bottom