Games for a noob

Associate
OP
War games is a fairly expansive area imo, I notice most people are going with FPS but there are games like Age of Empires, Anything from the Total War series, Dawn of War II (beta is open at the moment) or Mark of Chaos which are based around one of the more popular war games worlds "warhammer" best bet i can say is download some demos and give things a try, like another member mentioned, download steam and have a look at the stuff that's available on there

M,

Thanks for that M, was trawling through steam last night and I tagged a few games for download...

Soldato
you wane play multiplayer games?

Doom3 is an amaizing game.

Try play singleplayer at first =] COD4 :O amaizing choice once you completed it play on Multiplayer =]

and trust my SP and MP us a different experiance ;)

Soldato
Being new to PC gaming you've got year and years of absolutely amazing games that you've not played!

Don't jump straight in with the newest games, as you'll miss out on a lot of great PC gaming history!

Go back a few years, I'd say ~1997ish as a good starting point ;)

Soldato
Peggle - awesome game and I suggest you get hold of Steam and create an account, just try not to spend too much on it.

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Fallout 3 - great FPS/RPG, really enjoying this.
Half-life 2 - Great game, love TF2 addon.

If you have to go with some online massive multiplayer type World of warcraft game the ones I suggest trying are:

Eve Online - great game, personally I found it boring though. However it does have free trial.
World of Warcraft - Largest MMORPG, it's good but probably not the best. However it's got a free trial too which at least lets you try it!
Warhammer online - If you don't fancy playing constantly then this is a decent alternative to WoW. No free trial yet though. Personally prefer it to WoW, but many wouldn't agree :)

Others worth mentioning:

Medievel II:Total War - Incredible game.
Grand Theft Auto 4 - Decent stress relief.
Civilisation 4 - Classic game.

Associate
You know what, Spore would be quite good for this case. As it covers all the basic types of games bar fps. MMO style, RTS, civilisation etc. I'd give spore a shot. Civ 4 is also quite easy to play, difficult to master. As for war games, maybe Battlefield 2 for fps, War in Conflict for rts.

Caporegime
Download Steam > Create an account > Purchase:

Valve Complete Pack.
Grand Theft Auto 4.
Call of Duty: World at War.

Install / Download them > Enjoy.

I know this is a lot of money, But it will give you many many hours of enjoyment playing through just the single player side of the game.
Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike: Source, Grand Theft Auto 4, Call of Duty 4 online are all immensely enjoyable, not to hard to get to grips with and are all popular, You might want to try and make yourself a steam profile and join up with some of the members on Steam ( via friends ) to play with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom