FA Cup Replays - 4/2/08 **spoilers*

Associate
I support Liverpool and I know this is going to sound bias, but is it just me or are the Everton fans the most horrid and dirty foul mouthed bunch in the league?

Seriously, you see little kids no more than 8 f'ing and blinding at the players, copying their dad sitting next to them given the players all kinds of hand gestures and filthy language.

Dont get me wrong, all sets of supporters have their bunch, but every camera shot of the Everton fans is disgusting.

Outside of Millwall, these fans are seriously something else.

and on top of that they support bloody Everton!

Caporegime
The Everton V Liverpool was a truly awful game to watch as a neutral.

I thought both side were pretty dire, Liverpool probably the worse of the two.
The referee was pretty average, game was stop start and he missed a fair few bookings, that consistency word crops up again.

Lucas was awful, didn't really notice him on the pitch other then his constant niggling tackles. Alonso was lucky to still be on the pitch as well.

Side note, ITV sucked, whoever pressed the "lets go to adverts button" should be lined up and shot.

Don
Oh I see, you must know more people in the know than I. Never mind, I guess we'll just have to wait.

He's a huge prospect but he's not close to the first team yet. Some people regard him higher than Nemeth and Pacheco but he's still too young. Rafa hinted the other day that Pacheco and Nemeth will be the guys who come in if need be.

Soldato
I support Liverpool and I know this is going to sound bias, but is it just me or are the Everton fans the most horrid and dirty foul mouthed bunch in the league?

Seriously, you see little kids no more than 8 f'ing and blinding at the players, copying their dad sitting next to them given the players all kinds of hand gestures and filthy language.

Dont get me wrong, all sets of supporters have their bunch, but every camera shot of the Everton fans is disgusting.

not all of their fans are like that, i can remember when we won the European cup for the 5th time against Milan and my neighbours, all everton season ticket holders and totally biased, knocked straight after the game to shake our hands and say how good a game of football it was and Liverpool deserved it...

it used to be called the 'friendly derby' but all that stopped about 15+ years ago and now its on par with spurs v arsenal for hatred, sadly ...

it was a poor match and i dont think either team would have scored until penalties if it wasnt for some very poor ref decisions ...

im not bothered, i'll no doubt get some stick in work from mancs and blues but thats all part and parcel of football ... Lucas was unlucky to get the first yellow but no doubt the clueless will blame him for everything but we were too negative and looked jaded.. anyways we still have a slight chance of the league and who knows what can happen in the European cup ..

Don
it used to be called the 'friendly derby' but all that stopped about 15+ years ago and now its on par with spurs v arsenal for hatred, sadly ...

Really? I've been told that they still used to make up sick rumours back in the 80's but that they didn't get much press back then.

Soldato
OP
Villa were pants tonight... Sat in the lower Holte.. good seats we got tonight..

At points Donny played us out of the park, half the defence just wouldn't tackle.. and when we did the ref would blow for a bad tackle or handball.

We did have a couple of good moves, I don't think i've ever seen Carew run so much in 1 game. There were a few points where I thought it was going to go to extra time, but the 3 goals weren't bad, albeit one was a rebound, the other a deflection, the 3rd was pretty decent.

Bring on Everton :)

Man of Honour
I don't think selling Keane was such a tragedy, they got a decent fee for him (he was overpriced when they bought him) and given that Benitez seems to favour playing one up top he wouldn't (wasn't) start(ing) every match anyway. Kuyt can play through the middle when required and despite the frequent bashing he gets from his own supporters I don't think he is that bad. He works hard and scores important goals, who knows what he could do with an extended run at centreforward.

Associate
I don't think selling Keane was such a tragedy, they got a decent fee for him (he was overpriced when they bought him) and given that Benitez seems to favour playing one up top he wouldn't (wasn't) start(ing) every match anyway. Kuyt can play through the middle when required and despite the frequent bashing he gets from his own supporters I don't think he is that bad. He works hard and scores important goals, who knows what he could do with an extended run at centreforward.

I dont think kuyt will ever evolve into what we want, he has some really shocking moments. But i agree he does work hard and scores important goals, as I always say he misses the sitters but he scores from the most awkward chances no one else could possibly score from.

Selling keane sucks because our strike force completely relies on torres now. As i said keane would never fit rafa's team and therefore could never continue his amazing form at spurs. But hes still a proven premiership goal scorer and could save a few games especially when compared to the alternatives

Caporegime
what the heck was with the socks btw, I like that people are talking about Everton fans while it was Liverpool fans throwing stuff onto the pitch at players. THough I'm gonna guess the socks weren't exactly full of coins, but why socks and why bother?

THe main reason I'm saying keane selling was a tragedy was the fact that Torres hasn't exactly been injury free to date, he's been terrible bar some tap in's that frankly even the likes of Ameobi would have scored, and if he's out injured I can't see Ngog being even close to as good as Keane. So many fans are complaining about Keane yet he's so bad, that you were top for a while without Torres playing that much, didn't he score almost as much as Kuyt with half the time on the pitch and constantly being subbed.

I know people will say he's got a good shout in those games but, confidence wise hundreds of players show the difference when left on for 3 whole games without the "threat" of being subbed any second forcing people to play under pressure. Give someone the backing they need by not subbing them for a few games and giving them a tiny bit of confidence and they can become completely different players.

Selling up to rely on Torres when he's had so little playing time this year is just stupid tbh. It would be like ARsenal selling all our strikers on the basis that we hope RVP can last the rest of the season, or, suicide as its known.

Soldato
Bring on Everton :)

Bring on Villa! Gonna have to get my ticket booked up ASAP:)

Was a good atmosphere tonight, felt good to beat the ****e! :)

And your lot don't do exactly the same when we go there? Same city, same people..

Caporegime
:D :D :D :D :D

Poor game of "football" lets be honest, but there were a few very close chances for us any way and the usual drama that you get in the derby.

Torres must love Jags' leg cos' he was in his pocket all night long. Hibbert did a good job with Riera aswell. Dossena is so slow its amazing.

I LOL's when van der Meyde came on. Rodwell and of course Goslings played well when they were on, Osman should have had 2, missed a couple of very good chances.

ITV well what can you say they are *****

Im very very very happy though. :D

Caporegime
:D :D :D :D :D

Poor game of "football" lets be honest, but there were a few very close chances for us any way and the usual drama that you get in the derby.

Torres must love Jags' leg cos' he was in his pocket all night long. Hibbert did a good job with Riera aswell.

Torres has been found out a bit more this season, still they managed to keep him quiet and Jag is a far far better defender than lescott.

I'm just glad we met liverpool when they seem to have run out of steam. I like Torres but he seems to be struggling quite a bit after a season of premiership football.

Don
Struggling? 8 goals in 17 starts. Thats pretty impressive even disregarding the fact that he's been injured on 3 seperate occasions this season. Once he has a run in the side the goals will be flying in again.

Back
Top Bottom