Spain v England Friendly 11.02.09 **Spoilers**

Caporegime
first time chip over the keeper at a stretch with his weaker foot, i don't think that would have been a better idea :confused:
Its Carlton Cole - hes gangly - his anatomy would have done it somehow...

I just cant see what value the manager has got out of that game - 'forced' into the squad choice but I dont know what hes learnt thats positive...

ps3ud0 :cool:

C64

C64

Soldato
We have learnt that no matter what the manager tells the players they have this inbuilt urge to hoof the ball straight back to the opposition.

I thought wright phillips showed glimpses of what he can do though.

Soldato
Dowing should be striped and caned and made to walk back to the hotel. I'm so sick sick SICK of England playing this tripe. Probably £250 million 'worth' of players in white shirts and I wouldn't even want them in the pub team. Beckham was alright as usual.

Caporegime
lol,downing.

But seriously Spain are in a different league at the moment.

We stood no chance.

I don't blame Capello. We just simply don't have as much talent in our side.

You look at the spain side and pretty much every player you could call world class,and puyol and fabregas didnt even play aswell as Bojan.

This generation of spanish players is just immense.

Caporegime
We have learnt that no matter what the manager tells the players they have this inbuilt urge to hoof the ball straight back to the opposition.

I thought wright phillips showed glimpses of what he can do though.

I can only assume you mean diving? For both england and City he's done more work defensively tracking back than getting into the opposition half. Yes he made a couple good last ditch tackles, that was about it. Early on the losing the ball then diving and getting upset he didn't get a freekick, was really all england were looking for, again, freekick England. Crouch, Johnson, Downing, Heskey, SWP aren't remotely close to being good enough for backup to the england team. Gabby had a quiet game because he recieved about 2 passes in the entire game, and he got a shot off from one of them.

Why does anyone in the world rate Downing at all, he's a league 2 player tbh. Gives the ball away constantly, weak, can't defend, can't cross and can't shoot. what can he do? Back to SWP, after he cut inside a tired Ramos his attempt was, well, best forgotten, he's an amatuer tbh.

Spain weren't even that good tbh, they barely got out of second gear, some neat passing at times but most of it was relaxed, they were never once in danger of losing, if it was a real game they would have had more effort, and more to get out of it, we would have been battered.

But the good news is, Wenger didn't sell ADebayor and buy Villa with the proceed's , best piece of business in footballing history?

Caporegime
should have played Young instead of that utter tripe Downing

The only reason I can see for Downing, SWP currently, Johnson and Crouch especially over Carlton Cole , young, the other young, richards maybe, is that CApello is employing some Diomenche style "you play based on your birthsign" crap. How else can you explain Downing at the very least.

Downing/Malouda, similar position, similarly useless, both in the national side, what the hell :(

Associate
Absolute rubbish - midfield content to play sideways at best, Beckham's legs clearly gone on cap 70, so sitting 5 yards in front of Johnson pinging passes from inside his half, and as for the continued overlooking of Ashley Young - Capello, you're a clown.

Back
Top Bottom