small business router ideas?

Associate
Hi guys,

Im looking for a simple to use small business ADSL router but dont know what to pick.

Setup is 7 pc's / plus 2 other internet needing items and all 9 are used pretty much all the time over the net. we still use a old Netgear 4 port router with a old belkin switch and we keep loosing net access and have to power off/on the router for it to work we think we need something a bit more "meaty" for the use we put the router to.

We tried using a Cisco 857 Integrated Services Router but setup was so complex we never managed to get the thing working - we just want a plug and play router that you just bung in username/password to work ( such as home netgear product ) as thats the limit to my networking knowledge but all we need is internet access and no other fancy add ons plus dont need wireless.

Any ideas please.

Thanks

Babyface

Last edited:
Associate
Home routers have limited resources and settings that you cannot manipulate. You will reach maximum sessions allowed and it will start dropping connections
If you have short budget have a look at SMC routers, i forgot to mention them in my last reply :D
they build stuff that is more business oriented
http://www.smc.com/

Back
Top Bottom