Enta becoming a joke?

Permabanned
Has anyone had a look at AAISP? their peak/off peak seems kinda wierd but for someone like myself who works 9-5 it could work quite favourably.

http://www.aaisp.net.uk/broadband-prices.html

Usage

All of our tariffs are based on usage. The peak period is 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. It is the amount you download from the internet during the peak period that is the main factor in the tariff. We do have a system of give and take from one month to another to maintain your service at a fixed monthly cost. If you regularly exceed the usage levels you will get warning emails and even text messages, and then be charged for extra usage. You can however change tariff at any time, taking effect from your next regular bill. Details.

Caporegime
They're quite expensive and have had serious reliability issues for years. On the other hand, they're staffed by fairly clever people and do some interesting stuff.

Soldato
Even with the Sheffield node showing 85%-90% I'm still getting silly speeds here from about 4PM onwards. It'll slowly get faster after 4AM till its back to 7000kbps.

---------------------------------------

Has anyone had a look at AAISP?
I've looked at quite a few, none of them really look that appealing to me. Vispa offer large allowances, not too many complaints webwide.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
What is that former graph? To be more specific, from where does it come? I use SpeedTest.NET but don't recognise the upper graph - thanks :)

Personally, I am giving serious consideration to Be unlimited. I know that they use non-BT LLU kit and that it would cost to move away from them but they do currently have a £40 credit promotion.

Soldato
Well my newnet is live as of today, will be interesting to see what speeds I get out of the box, and then what I get after the 10 day run in period.

Bye bye enta!

Soldato
Just got my gf to try the newnet conenction.

Before on enta using speedtest.net - got around ~900 download

Straight after connecting to newnet - ~5500 download speed

Lets hope it was a good decision!!

Permabanned
Just got my gf to try the newnet conenction.

Before on enta using speedtest.net - got around ~900 download

Straight after connecting to newnet - ~5500 download speed

Lets hope it was a good decision!!
Even newnet are goign to have to adopt IPSC toward the end of the next 6 months so im afraid enta will have a well balanced network by then as BT are going to be withdrawing central pipes.

Soldato
By then I can go back to enta if everything has been ironed out however until they sort themselves out I dont see why I should be paying for a net that is terrible. If newnet go down the pan its only a months contract, so by the time BT cut the centrals I can just move on :)

Permabanned
If other isps dont instal their own IPSC connect network then they will have to use BT's own IPSC network and will still be forced in paying 30% more than usal and this will most likely be passed on to the end user in the form of increase in cost or reduction of service.

Soldato

Happy with this for now, never ever had this speed with enta. And this is on the 1st day so will see where it settles.

Man of Honour
Switched from Enta a few months ago now and despite going against advice I went with Talk-Talk...been getting this all day every day = not bad for a freebie.

(tested over wireless connection :))

Back
Top Bottom