what gaming magazines does everyone buy?

Soldato
stopped buying games mags just after Games Master had that style change and the mag went a bit down hill :(

Now I tend to just use you guys for all my games news :)

Caporegime
I bet magazine sales have fell 544%

I'm not suprised the price they try to charge by tagging on a disc. If these mags and PC mags where a couple of quic with no discs I'd buy one or two a month as I fancied.

I use to buy PC format religiously years ago until they started tagging on cd's and then dvd's and started taking the pee with £5.99.

Soldato
They cost too much. I would buy Edge but it's like £5 for such a small magazine. To be fair all magazines cost too much. Only Stuff and FHM are worth buying.

Soldato
none since the internet lol. even when i used to buy a few magazines for the playstation 2 for the freebies and discs but it turns out i had seen nearly all the vids on the net anyway. the demos were a good reason but we get all that stuff readily available these days.

Permabanned
Probably last one I bought was around 2002, I use to buy them every month, PC and Console mags, the main bonus was demos disc but with broadband who needs a demo disc.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Edge and Games. I find them enjoyable to read and I like stepping away from a screen occasionally :p

Soldato
In the 80s I'd buy both The Micro User and Acorn User!

I used to buy Amiga Power religiously back in the day (along with the occasional Amiga Format and Shopper), then went on to Edge and PC Format when I got into the PC scene in the later 90s.

I haven't bought a games mag this decade but very occasionally flick through Edge if I happen to be in Smiths or Borders.

Soldato
PC Zone on subscription. Been reading it for years - originally the cover disc demos were a big benefit but I just download the demos now!

Still enjoy reading it though

I've bought Edge now and then as it's cross platform and a good mag but as others have said it's rather expensive for what it is

Back
Top Bottom