Shuttle Watercooling Project

Permabanned
I've got a Shuttle SP35P2 and want to watercool it because of noise and heat. I have another thread on how I should attempt this and I got a fair amount of feed back, one person said:

How are you going to mount the radiator? I have this odd feeling you've not really thought this through. It's quite important that you protect the radiator because it's very fragile and the fans need to be able to blow air through the radiator.

So I came up with this idea (a crude drawing at the moment!!!):

P2170001.jpg

And so with very little modification (four holes in the top of the case) I will use risers to mount the radiator on the top of the case if I think it looks good when I get all the components.

I should have finished this project about mid-march so look out for a thread with pics and info on how I did it. Thanks for looking if you got any comments don't hesitate to say!

Associate
Wouldnt the Zalman be better? Its relatively transportable with the quick release stops. Its not going to fit in a backpack - or if it did, the weight would kill you as you need 2.5-3l of coolant where ever you are going to. So only by car. Hmm, answered my own question.

J.B

J.B

Soldato
where will the pump go?

I dont know much about watercooling, but I know enough to say this is a good question. Every case that boasts good watercooling features is huge.

What hardware is in it? Maybe passive cooling, or maybe a decent CPU fan and chasis fan.

Associate
pumps not too big an issue a ddc pump can b quite small and there are even smaller ones.

i dout a zalaman external type unit would cope with the heat, they are often worse than good AC so its not really going to help the OP

Permabanned
OP
I will be using a 5.25" bay resivoir with a pump built into it and I will be used a D Tek Fuzion V2 water block. And if I was going to take it anywhere I would be a passenger a carry it to make it didn't roll about anywhere and I'm not going to move it anywhere after I move house.

Associate
The zalman has let me reach 3.8ghz on my 5200 at 1.42v with a 5% oc on my 4850.
... and I didnt even bother reaplying heat paste properly yet.

I would imagine the problem with watercooling a gfx card in the Shuttle, would be the need for an (expensive) full card water cooler, else the mosfets(?) chips will pump a lot of heat out into your confined space case.

Back
Top Bottom