VMC - Audio Playback Niggle

Associate
Have recently setup for a friend a Media Center PC running Windows Vista Media Center. All is running fine. However, dialogue audio (the spoken parts) of HD (.mkv) movies are really quiet and very hard to make out. This seems to be consistently bad. Any idea how to sort this out? Running FFDShow (or whatever its called). Apologies for my poor description. My friend has said he has tried the suggestions in the guides for FFDShow but it does not really fix the problem. Any help appreciated.

Associate
Sounds as if possibly the centre channel isn't coming through? That's predominantly from the centre channel but sorry no idea how to fix.

Associate
Is this Outputting to a seperate amp and then surround setup or just out of the PC speakers?

If you're outputting it to an AV amp over SPDIF then you need to change the settings in AC3 filter /ffd show audio decoder, as it decodes it at the pc rather than passing it to the amp to decode. Before i changed it everything worked except the centre channel.

Hope that helps

Associate
OP
The audio is just a cable from the speaker out socket (headphone jack) and then being inputted into a Panasonic 5.1 home theatre surround setup (red/white phono jacks).

Not the most advanced setup, but would appreciate some help. :)

Back
Top Bottom