Any EX Evesham Technology customer or Employee's here

Guv

Guv

Soldato
Ooh someone else who lives in Stratford!

My brother worked for them for about 4 or 5 years (he left ~3 years ago I think).

I used to get loads of cheap stuff from them :D

Soldato
Bought a computer off them ages ago and served well, but would definitely get OCUK's pre-made PCs if I were buying one again. Laptop for the moment though.

Soldato
I see people steering away from the cheaper prices and going for support

One of the reasons for the increase in computer sales from Apple.

I work for have dropped Dell and gone with a local company for all its PC's because of low build quality.

Dell Business Support is ace. We went from some crummy supplier to Dell (on my recommendation none the less!) ad haven't looked back. At my last employer we went from Viglen (spit) to Dell.

Soldato
I worked for Evesham Micros - it was never evesham.com when I was there.

Cambridge showroom Dec '94 to Feb '96
Cambridge Technical Support Feb '96 to Feb '98

At the time I worked for them we were one of the very best in the UK.
We constantly beat the other companies in the same class as us for both product quality & support.
I was extremely proud to work for the company and I honestly didn't want to go - a falling out with the area manager saw me leaving the company.

Sure some of the things we did were questionable - example being we sold a 386 system which was available in 25Mhz, 33Mhz & 40Mhz flavours.
All models had the 386-33 processor in and it was either sold under-clocked, over-clocked or running at the correct speed.
But that was an awful long time ago....

I kept an eye on Evehsam after I'd left them.
A series of mistakes lead to them going down, by the end they were certainly not the company I'd once worked for.

Soldato
I used to work for Evesham Tecnologys in the peterborough showroom, I was made redundant in 2004, the shop was tiny and out of the way so we were alwyas dead. There is also another ex employee on here too!!

I had the miss fortune working with you mate :D , only joking . Was real fun although money was crap the manager was on 15k , sales staff on just over 10k commission helped a bit that dried up when sales started hitting rock bottom , in Jan 2003 the showroom did 140k in sales the last Jan we did in 2007 we did like just over 30k , the showroom had to do 40k to break even . The Peterborough showroom didnt make any profit for well over a year probably a couple.

When the bailiff asked for my keys then asked for a list of all the stock he looked real confused and asked for my help to count the stock :rolleyes:

Soldato
One of the reasons for the increase in computer sales from Apple.

Weird, I've read that Apple are also losing out (down over 20% from Q3 to Q4)

At the end of the day few companies who just sell PC's will survive as the market is largely commodotised. The value is in the services on top. Dell are really feeling this now.

Associate
My last four PCs came from Evesham including my current desktop (AMD4800). Whilst I've had problems with all of them, they've always been quick to send an engineer out (same one everytime) to fix their stupid little problems usually of the missing parts variety Where's my 2nd hard disk? "It's in raid, you can't see it!" Err, no, I'm inside the case and it ain't there!
"Can you send a photo?" :D

Soldato
'a friend' of mine works for them.

To be honest they deserve nothing less than what happened. Cowboys

You could call some people at Evesham some horrible names - but cowboys they certainly weren't.
The quality of components they used compared to their rivals was so much higher.
Technical support was also a lot better too - we were one of the first companies to offer on-site support as standard.

There were certainly some bad decisions made by the company and their directors, but they were certainly never cowboys.

Associate
Funny that, I was reading an article about them in PC Pro. Turns out that after the HCI was pulled off, they went down hill until the guy from Time brought them.

Associate
many many many moons ago our first computer came from there, back when it was evesham micro's. i remember they even retrofitted a 5.25" floppy drive for us because my old man was hoarding some media that was old even then, oh and it had a 'turbo' button on the front too! to the best of my knowledge the old man still has it, along with the thinnet ethernet network it was connected to within the house!!! that's perhaps taking the 'if it aint broke, don't fix it' concept maybe a little too far!!!

@grenned - which cc is it you work for?

Associate
I bought my clevo m57a from them, the screen developed blue line of dead pixels from top to bottom, I sent it got it back within a week not only that they upgraded the screen from 1440x900 to 1680x1040 xblack with web cam and blue tooth as well which was £250 upgrade at the time, which was nice.

Back
Top Bottom