2n0o9w6.jpg

Completed : 1997
Distance : 2 miles
Shape : D-shaped oval
Banking : 14° turns, 11° frontstretch, 3° backstretch
Frontstretch : 3,100 feet
Backstretch : 2,500 feet
Seating : 92,000

Not my favourite track, as some of you already know. And I'm not alone - as I recall, the last two years have seen KnightStalker fall asleep during the race.....I think I once referred to it as the Hungaroring of NASCAR competition.

The Camping World Trucks (I keep wanting to say Craftsman Trucks!) will be racing at 3pm ET today. Nationwide Series is on at 7pm ET, and then the Cup race is tomorrow at 5pm ET. Eastern Time is 5 hours behind us. I'm sure you don't need me to do the sums for you :)

As ever, stream info can be found here later in the day. The Cup race will be on Sky tomorrow I believe, and I'm not sure if NASCAR.com are doing what they did last year and streaming the Nationwide race themselves.

Soldato
I went to see the Camping World/Nextera 250 or whatever the hell they want to call it now, last weekend at Daytona as it happened to be on whilst we were in florida.

Was impressive to see in the flesh. They are so close it is unreal.

Also had a rather large crash just beyond where we were sitting. I can't imagine how scary it is as a driver to be doing 160-180mph into a wall of smoke where you can't see what is littering the track.

I don't think it is somthing I would goto time and time again but it was a very enjoyable experience.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Kyle Busch made it all look a bit too easy didn't he?

I'll never say the kid hasn't got talent. But he's just such an arrogant, self-impressed objectionable little ****....Unfortunately, I keep having to go back to the talent that he shows time and time again no matter how unlikeable the stupid sod is.

I really wish I could truly hate him just as much as I wish I could truly like Lewis Hamilton. Sadly, both of them make it very difficult for me.

Associate
I enjoy watching Nascar, I really hate when I hear people simplifying it to racing with only right turns, their is so much more to it. I enjoy watching it on Sky but the coverage could be a lot better.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
OP
Line-up for the Cup race - link - has one rather major alteration. Brian Vickers is having to go to the rear of the field for an engine change after winning the pole. He'll retain first choice of pit stall though.

Inside line all moves up a spot, so Jamie McMurray effectively has pole and will lead the field to the green flag. I like Jamie, just a pity he drives for Roush :(

Back
Top Bottom