Morrissey - Year of refusal

Associate
The Smiths didn't write a weak song. They recorded one duffer imo - Golden Lights, but they didn't write it.

I'll check this out, but I doubt it will match his early solo stuff, which was quite good I thought.

Soldato
OP
I kinda like Golden Lights :/

It comes on after one of my favourite tracks (Ask). Breaks up the album a bit anyway:p Who was the woman vocalist?

Last edited:
Soldato
I am a huge Smiths/Morrissey fan but the one thing I wish hadn't happened with the last two Morrissey albums was the feeling that he'd developed a slight american twang to his Salford accent, probably due to living out there for so long. Its only a minor thing thing but it does seem apparent at times.

Soldato
i found it mediocre. there are maybe 2/3 stand out songs but its mostly bog standard rock/pop songs. his voice is pretty good but the band dont really do anything special.

i had trouble getting into the two before this also. the very early Morrissey is good, bona drag, vauxhall and I

he will never touch what he did with the smiths though. barely 1 bad song in four albums, great stuff

Soldato
OP
I've now decided, after a good few listens, that's it's a really good album.

Favourites are tracks 1, 3, 4, 7 and 9.

The guitar in track 9 (its not your birthday anymore) is awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom