• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

talk about inflation!!!

Associate
look at the price of the q6600!!
it's been out for a while now, and you'd think prices would drop
man they have gone other way!
what's going on
i probably should've got one when they were £120 inc vat?
this credit crunch is out of hand

Soldato
Makes me laugh, i got a SLACR 6600 from the states for $80 all in about 2 weeks ago, i just came back from mainland europe and its almost like there is no credit crunch over there, just england being ripped a new one over and over and over again.
For example i bought a brand new Western Digital My Book 2TB for 150 euros after tax at an electronics superstore, over heres its nearly double after tax, i dont care what anyone else says, its just plain Greed.

Man of Honour
We'll see a lot more of this with the recently announced quantitive easing (ie printing money). The currency will devalue and inflation will rise.

Soldato
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 SLACR, Kentsfield Core, S 775, 2.40GHz, 1066MHz, 8MB Cache, OEM+Far Cry 2

i paid £143 for mine a week ago.

still a good price for what it is.

just have a look and you will find it cheaper.

Associate
Apparantly the cost of CPU's among other things have gone up because the U.K.£ has lost value against the U.S.$, and most computer parts are bought in US$ even it they come from China or Tiwan.

Associate
I got my Logitech G25 Racing Wheel November and paid 158inc vat dam glad I did.
Bloody good wheel love clolin mcray 5 but the GT games are best as you get to use the cluch.

Soldato
Paid £165 for my B3 when they were first released.
Then got a G0 the other month for £135. Got in just before they shot up.

I also managed to get 4GB of Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066Mhz RAM (with the fan) for £70, now it's at £90.

Associate
it's weird how you discover the 'perfect' time to buy purely by luck i've had my pc since august, cost me about £550 is still very quick was amazing bang for buck i think my q6600 cost like £110 my pc has basically held it value since i brought it.... 6 months holding it's price.... is near unheard off

Associate
I am in the same boat, in as much as i was lucky I suppose. I bought a G25 8 months ago for £125 and a Q9550 for £200 - which is a bargain still today!

Back
Top Bottom