In an Insurance pickle?

Permabanned
Right the story is in short i passed my driving test in june 2006 got caught speeding on the M6 in Aug 2007, got 6 points and my licence got revoked coz it was within 2 years. Retook my test and passed again in Nov 2008 :D.

Now it looks like im going to have to buy a car to get to nd from work so looking into something really cheap 2 insure like a suzuki alto. :mad: (never gona manage to get a girl into sumat like that) lol.

Anyways i wer on confused dot com and whacked in my details and says i cant have a conviction b4 my pass date.

I was always under the impression that i have to supply my new pass date not the old 1.

Tried my old pass date and got an attractive quote that id like to take advantage of but need to make sure that im doing the right thing.

Do i have to give my new pass date??? or my old 1???

i dnt want 2 give the wrong 1 then be in the unfortunate position of being involved i an accident and then finding out that the insurance company wnt insure me.

Please help and point me to the right direction.

Thanks everybody

Soldato
Can't you get points put on a future licence? I remember reading a 16 year old getting 3 points or something on any licence he went onto get because he borrowed his Dad's car and was speeding or something.

Permabanned
OP
Can't you get points put on a future licence? I remember reading a 16 year old getting 3 points or something on any licence he went onto get because he borrowed his Dad's car and was speeding or something.

thats what i thought. and i think i remember that story aswell.

The points have transferred to my new licence and im still going to have them for abt another 2.5 years.

Associate
Right the story is in short i passed my driving test in june 2006 got caught speeding on the M6 in Aug 2007, got 6 points and my licence got revoked coz it was within 2 years. Retook my test and passed again in Nov 2008 :D.

Now it looks like im going to have to buy a car to get to nd from work so looking into something really cheap 2 insure like a suzuki alto. :mad: (never gona manage to get a girl into sumat like that) lol.

Anyways i wer on confused dot com and whacked in my details and says i cant have a conviction b4 my pass date.

I was always under the impression that i have to supply my new pass date not the old 1.

Tried my old pass date and got an attractive quote that id like to take advantage of but need to make sure that im doing the right thing.

Do i have to give my new pass date??? or my old 1???

i dnt want 2 give the wrong 1 then be in the unfortunate position of being involved i an accident and then finding out that the insurance company wnt insure me.

Please help and point me to the right direction.

Thanks everybody

i think what youll have to do is phone the companies instead of just doing online quotes really. very time consuming, but just take a couple of hours tomorrow and phone round just about everyone.

Permabanned
OP
I managed to phone an insurance company and ask them the question and i have to provide them with my new pass date which sucks coz it shoots my insurance right up.

Thank you all for your advice

Back
Top Bottom