Offered a Fuji Film S5700 for £40-£50

Associate
As title really, a friend has offered me his. I haven't seen it but he says it's in immaculate condition although no memory card as he's using it his new camera. I've been thinking about getting a bridge camera for a while as I'd like to have a bit more of a play than a point and shoot offers. My main worry is that it would be so big that I wouldn't take it with me as often as I would a smaller camera. Am I being silly when it costs this much as I guess I could always sell it on if I don't get on with it?

Tom

GeX

GeX

Soldato
what compact have you got? i went Fuji F31FD > S5600 > Nikon D50 and tbh wished i hadnt bothered with the S5600. its a good camera, but i wanted more too quickly i guess!

the s5700 isn't a big camrea really.. but why do you want a bridge?

Soldato
It's not the best as far as bridge cameras go, especially compared to the latest stuff - but for £40 I definately would get it to have a play with. It will teach you about exposure / other manual settings that you want to mess about with for a fraction of the price of an DSLR.

Then if you your having fun you can move on and sell it for the same price! Or if you hate it like you say - sell it for the same price. Win win!

Associate
OP
I'd rather have a DSLR but I can't really afford one and I just wouldn't appreciate it yet I don't think. I wanted to get a bridge as it would let me do more than a compact and hopefully learn and improve, whilst not hammering the wallet. At the moment I just use one of the various compacts that the family have and I want to get one before I go to uni next year. I guess really I can't go wrong at this price.

Associate
OP
Checked it over today and seemed to be in good condition so going to get it on thursday. I might post a few pics once I can produce something half decent :D

Thanks for the advice guys

Back
Top Bottom