What car?

Associate
Due to very high insurance, the two cheapest cars I can insure are:

- Ford Ka 1.3

- Corsa 1.0

Both not the best cars in the world but the cheaper my insurance the better. Looking around on the interwebs the ford ka seems the better car even if I may look like a puff driving it.

I was looking at getting a Fiesta but the insurance is about £600 more than the above two cars.

Caporegime
What area are you in? Are you trying 3rd party or fully comp.

On a side note the 1.3 Fiesta may be slow it is the same engine as the one in the ka so the insurance will be similar and you won't look such a puff. Buy the 1.0 corsa and your soul will slowly shrivel away and die.

Soldato
Girlfriend has a KA and likes it. It was cheap, doesn't cost much to run and keeps her happy. Doesn't sound the best but as far as we can tell it hasn't had a service for a good few years.

How about a Fiat Seicento\Cinquecento heard they are cheap to insure?

Associate
Girlfriend has a KA and likes it. It was cheap, doesn't cost much to run and keeps her happy. Doesn't sound the best but as far as we can tell it hasn't had a service for a good few years.

How about a Fiat Seicento\Cinquecento heard they are cheap to insure?

Best avoided I think, my Mum's Cinquecento blew away in a strong gust!
Twas quickly replaced by a a Ka.

Associate
OP
What area are you in? Are you trying 3rd party or fully comp.

On a side note the 1.3 Fiesta may be slow it is the same engine as the one in the ka so the insurance will be similar and you won't look such a puff. Buy the 1.0 corsa and your soul will slowly shrivel away and die.

I live in an M35 post code so that does not help. I am looking at Fully Comp as third party quotes are actually more expensive.

Also the fiesta is more on insurance as I said before.

Ka - £1300
Corsa - £1200
Fiesta - £1900

Caporegime
I live in an M35 post code so that does not help. I am looking at Fully Comp as third party quotes are actually more expensive.

Also the fiesta is more on insurance as I said before.

Ka - £1300
Corsa - £1200
Fiesta - £1900

Yes I know what you said, the Fiesta 1.25/1.4 will be more but the 1.3 WILL be a lot less. What model of Fiesta did you get a quote for?

Fully comp works out cheaper? something's not right there, who are you getting quotes from? Norwich Union!?

***EDIT***
I see from your previous thread you were looking at a 1.25 16v Fiesta Ghia, this is why it is so much more. The difference between a Ghia and LX for me is £200 when I was getting quotes when I 1st Passed. A 1.25 LX or 1.3 WILL be cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom