Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
iv had no problems from either of my 2 HZ30's but yes my psu' get hot also just like my laptop psu...supppose its just a normal thing for this sort of high wattage hardware.

on the 30" how do you know what the backlight brightness is as theres no onscreen or menu and so far i had to guess whether it just right usally at the point they give off heat....:D they work great at cooking steaks:D

------------------

to phil.

ive been meaning to ask are you an angineer?
as you are always answering the more techy stuff;)

or is it an alias for baddass:D so he can talk in public:D

after all hes never around when you are:D

spiderman and peter parker are never in the same place at the same time:D:D:D

keep up the good work bad/phil:p

Soldato
to phil.

ive been meaning to ask are you an angineer?
as you are always answering the more techy stuff;)

or is it an alias for baddass:D so he can talk in public:D

keep up the good work bad/phil:p

who, me? No, not badass I'm afraid - would love to get sent lots of nice LCD monitors to play with!

Day job is programming, but when I research a topic (in this case buying a monitor) I tend to research it in greater depth than is strictly necessary :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
As a gamer, the screen excels at:

- Low/no ghosting...very crisp and clean image in FPS games
- No input lag...."feels" like a CRT in this respect....made a big difference to me
- Excellent panel uniformity....no backlight bleeding and very balanced
- Actually fairly good black depth/contrast....been really enjoying playing L4D that I recently purchased

Yup as I've mentioned earlier in this thread the 24" is equally the same, in fact they all are!

Black depth is 0.4cd/m2 and an overall calibration result is a perfect 6500K (or your chosen output since it's fairly relative anyway) and an average dE of 0.4-0.6 @ 120cd/m2 exactly so for all intents and purposes the IPS panels used in these are perfect for gamers, movie watchers or general users alike :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
For the 24"?

Hmmm I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting a spare one off them just in case!

But I think I have the updated one anyway as when my HZ24W was swapped with the Wi the PSU was a different type i the new model.

Associate
For the 24"?

Hmmm I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting a spare one off them just in case!

But I think I have the updated one anyway as when my HZ24W was swapped with the Wi the PSU was a different type i the new model.

Yeah it's the one for the 24Wi. Just died whilst I was booting my pc up. Been relegated to a 17" CRT. Not happy! Anyone got any personal experience of how long it takes to get a replacement out of them?

Associate
I was informed last Friday (a week ago) I was getting a new screen, but had to wait for warranty people to email me so I could specify time and place of the swap, still waiting.... Was told would be max 10 day wait.

Last edited:
Associate
I was informed last Friday (a week ago) I was getting a new screen, but had to wait for warranty people to email me so I could specify time and place of the swap, still waiting.... Was told would be max 10 day wait.

I registered my problem on Thursday. Still heard nothing :( Starting to wonder if I can get a power supply independently...

Associate
How did you report it, on the web contact form or [email protected]? I found they reply quicker to the email address than the web form :(

Hope they get back to you quicker.

I did it through the web form. Didn't realise they had a support email address... I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

This monitor I am using at the moment sucks by comparison to the Hazro :(

Associate
They don't advertise it, you'll find it listed eariler in the thread :) their support sucks in my books, once you get hold of them it's great, but the wait sucks :(

Soldato
I registered my problem on Thursday. Still heard nothing :( Starting to wonder if I can get a power supply independently...

You should be able to, have a look around for ones with the same voltage and amperage - all they've done is used a generic one from Li Shin (big OEM that produces all kinds of transformers for devices).

They don't advertise it, you'll find it listed eariler in the thread :) their support sucks in my books, once you get hold of them it's great, but the wait sucks :(

I always heard back same day, but I did have the email address of someone there, and I also purchased it direct before they had any resellers.

Associate
i bought my 2 screens over christmas period and highly rate them.

i dont know about the customer support side (touch wood) but i havent had any problems as of yet although that may be because the panels i got were problem free from the start and not one of the 24,26 that had major firmware issues, and shielding problems.

i think for the money they are charging the panels are of very high standard, as the closest would be the hp which is simular but has some differences when compared being of a slightly lesser grade, in blacks and colours and also lag in gaming...

oh and Hazros are all high grade Alloy not cheap plastic:D ....

silky smooth alluminium is the way forward not like lg and samsung with their vineer rosewood plastic look. tsk tsk.:p

HRhino"

Back
Top Bottom