thisoneisonus :: another version of the truth :: nin

Associate
On 5th May, 2008, Nine Inch Nails released their latest album, The Slip, free online, as a gift to their fans. Or as Trent put it: "This one's on me".

On December 3rd, 2008, Trent Reznor announces a curtain call for the current touring lineup and stage production, and hints at NIN's touring life coming to an end for the foreseeable future once the current `09 dates are complete. A "relaxed" camcorder policy is announced for 3x of the remaining US shows (Portland, Victoria, Sacramento) on the LITS tour... as a result over 400Gb of raw HD Source from 3+ cameras with console audio mix is released onto the net for fans to self-edit.

On December 13th, 2008, dozens of Nine Inch Nails fans force a relaxed camcorder policy and record the last show in the Lights In The Sky tour at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, with in excess of 10 HD sources. By working together, we aim to create a DVD to document this show that will be released free online, and as a not-for-profit physical release. This one, is on us. Our time. Our effort. Our present to all NIN fans.

If you want to get involved in this project, please visit www.ThisOneIsOnUs.org. We are currently in the networking phase, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Trailer :: Sleeve Art
Home :: Home 2
Samples from Portland, Victoria & Sacramento Sources

toiousw9.jpg

thisoneisonus :: another version of the truth
Dupe this post - spread the word - the pigs are marching

Last edited:
Soldato
This one, is on us. Our time. Our effort. Our present to all NIN fans.

LOL

I was listenning to the slip again today actually, I really like it.
I hate the language used to market their stuff though - it's as if whoever writes it expects you to reel back in amazement after every sentence....The fans lap it up like it's sacred but some of their lyrics are so negative it borders on repulsive. The music is ok but it's not *that* great.

Last edited:
Soldato
Downward Spiral I would've thought. I haven't heard as I'm relitively new fan who liked the radio friendly singles off With Teeth like Only and Hand That Feeds, and Every Day

Associate
OP
Beside You In Time & And All That Could've Been DVDs - but available as MP3 bundles also. Covers a cross section of the best of everything to be honest... without the more obscure stuff.

But agree, Downward Spiral, Further Down the Spiral, The Fragile, Still - they're the best

Associate
With a bit of editing Ghosts is very good too. Not for the casual listener though. Fragile is still a blinder. For rocky stuff, Broken is a good introduction.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Broken is ace, Happiness in Slavery is one of my favourite tracks

SLAVE SCREAMS!

Wish they hadn't retired The Great Destroyer with HIS breakdown from live setlists. Made 2 mins of noise all that more exiting :)

NIN are a fantastic live outfit, the production on the Lights in the Sky tour is nothing short of stunning.

Soldato
If they do a version on Bluray, I will be all over it, but after Beside You in Time in 1080p with DolbyTruHD on a 70" screen, this in SD DVD just won't have the same impact. I've downloaded some of the edited footage people have done in HD and it looks good. Also the audio only stuff is being played continuously in the car for about the last 2 weeks.

For those who do like Year Zero and The Slip, I would recommend the 5.1 DVDs that someone edited. Year Zero especially sounds great with some instruments moved to the surround channels. Ghosts is also available, but the surroundness is less impressive.

Associate
OP
Update...

Double-feature audio torrent captures the final stages of the Nine Inch
Nails: Lights In The Sky 2008 tour.

'Las Vegas' - consists of a fully fan co-ordinated, recorded, and produced
version of the final show in Las Vegas, mixed and mastered from a variety of
hi-quality fan audio sources.

'The Gift' - takes footage supplied by Nine Inch Nails from 3 different
shows in the final part of the tour, edited and mixed together by us to get the
best of each show.

The torrent is available in either 320kb MP3 or FLAC.

Check back soon for the video release of Another Version of the Truth, or
stay in the know - http://thisoneisonus.org

Back
Top Bottom