Hazro - Any Update?

Associate
go.mole when did you first message them concerning the problem?

as you can see in the thread depending on the amount of people needing support at certain points of the month depending on workload it can vary on how fast they get back to you.
i think their support staff may be a lot fewer (a broom cupboard office) than some are used to such as when you call dell or samsung who have huge 200+ staff support centres and such and so it based on a first in first out which not every one is maybe used to and as such taking 2-3 weeks to reply one month and within the same week another maybe too much of a wait for some, as everyone is difference and can tolerate waiting differently ( society has changed to be a now now give me now race:D rather than a calm and patient one;) ).

i do agree that there should be a telephone support line tho.

24hr would be nice:D but maybe that closet/broom cupboard cant be fitted with a plug socket:D

as they say the cheap stuf is easily obtainable quickly but if your after the quality stuff you have to be patient and wait :D

HRhino"

Associate
Well, I'm currently on a "max 10 days" wait and I'm getting a whole new screen, so I'm just depressed they might actually take the full 10 days :(

I'm not going to moan at Hazro till the weekend :)

I'm just whining for the sake of whining :/

Associate
In case anyone is thinking of buying this or any monitor from ocuk - they are very tetchy about rma's.

Even after telling me I will be refunded so that I can buy any monitor I like - and me buying another monitor from them - they insist that the Hazro is not faulty and send it back to me - charge me £22.99 without my permission - and refuse to refund me £459 for the hazro and even answer my e-mails to them.

Needless to say this is the last time I order anything from overclockers uk - i'm disgusted

update: ocuk have finally agreed to refund both the testing fee and the cost of the monitor
sadly i don't think I will be ordereding from them again after this

Last edited:
Associate
not sticking up for oveclockers or being on anyones side but technically they are correct and there isnt a fault as all you pictures show is backlight bleed which a lot of monitors have nowadays..

now before you shout "what about the snow/dots effect" thats been found to be caused generally by shielding problems through some nvidia but mainly ati cards as ati use higher than industry standard frequenzies but note the firmware update has fixed a lot of the faults also try another dvi cable.

if your using an ati card try updating the drivers or swapping the monitor connector to the second dvi socket as they use 2 brands of chips one more shielded than the other due to cutbacks and try another high grade monitor cable as that also has been known to stop the snow effect.

reason i say this is OCuk may have plugged it into a non ati worksatation and also not used the supplied cable and thus didnt get the problems you have indicated but as for backlight bleed....thats open to discussion as lots of screen now have excessive bleed even my 2 30" hazros have bleed but then does anyone know the percentage of bleed before its acceptable for exchange? as yours seems no better than some i have seen from samsung and lg 24"s.

oh and when the hazro first appeared it had a backlight control which produced too much light so it was toned down in the Wi revision..have you got the latest revision as you can request via their support address to have the brightness toned down.

hazro vs samsung
ips vs tn

both have their weakness but i think id rather stay ips:D

regards,

HRhino"

(p.s most of the techy info is provided within this thread and provided by such gurus like phil & mrk ;0) - cant take all the credit for myself ;) top marks and a gold star)

Last edited:
Associate
Monitor is back up and running again :) As said previously, this one is a Li Shin! Wierd how they've changed power supply suppliers, but given the number of duff ones of the other type they've had, maybe it's not surprising!

Associate
Got my 26" yesterday

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in the forum. Though, I have read ALL the posts about Hazro's in the internet (at least couple of times :)) Specially this thread as find very useful information to help my decision. So thank you!

I received my screen (Wi 2.1) yesterday and connected via DVI, everything seem to be working perfectly fine apart from one thing that bothered me.

There is very bad backlight bleed on the screen. Please check the photos here :

www.hasansahoglu.co.uk/hazro_bleed/bleed1.jpg

bleed1.jpg

www.hasansahoglu.co.uk/hazro_bleed/bleed2.jpg

bleed2.jpg

On the first one you can see the difference with my old 22 LG (its a old low-end LCD)

I already filed a request for replacement to OCUK but would like to get your opinions about how bad is this bleed comparing to your screens?

Other screenshots I saw on the net had no or minimal backlight bleed on these models.

I tried few games like dead space, crysis etc. I can clearly see the backlight interfering the gameplay.

Cheers

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Hmm that is odd, mine has minimal backlight bleed which does not interfere with games (Played Dead Space and actively play L4D).

I have brightness on default and contrast on 8 btw but I didn't think this made any difference comparing before/after calibration runs visually.

I would say you've got the right method in requesting an exchange though!

Associate
Thanks Mrk,

I think OCUK agree with us. They just confirmed RMA, asking me to return the Item, though they say if faund faulty they will issue a refund.

Well I don't want a refund, I just want another Hazro that doesn't bleed as much :)

I am very happy with this monitor!

Thanks for the quick reply.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Good stuff!

I'm still waiting for the chance to get round to ordering the Ergotron MX arm that is suitable for the 24" and then my desk will be complete :p

Associate
Ok here is another update,

Unfortunately OCUK can't guarantee that next one have no bleed, therefore they can only offer me a refund or I have to take the risk and get a replacement.

I feel any screen be better than this one but never been so lucky when it comes to these things!

Back
Top Bottom