Antec 300

Permabanned
Quite like the look of the Antec 300 guys.

Looking to get a new case with good airflow. Never had a case with the PSU at the bottom though! Is it better at the bottom?

Also, how is the 300 for routing cables / keeping them tidy? Would i need an extension for the 4pin Mobo power cable?

Thanks

Associate
Just built a computer into an Antec 300, PSU is fine at the bottom, I think its better, most hi spec cases these days have it there. The case is quite small so routing cables isnt the easiest thing in the world, and i had to route the 4 pin mobo power cable next to the cpu cooler instead of around the back since i didnt have an extension.

Associate
Nice option had my 300 for well over 6mnths now and its earning its 35 quid i paid for it well, keeps the q6600 and the two 500gbs nice and cool the built in fans are really quite worth a shot if you ask me.
HTH

Associate
this case has great cable management in it. Is a lot bigger inside than in looks from the outside and looks much better infront of you than it does on the pictures online.
got my PSu at the bottom with a Q6600 cooled by a massive zalman cooler.
only thing you may want is a few extra case fans.

Permabanned
OP
Thing is, i would want to run the cable around the mobo and in from the top. Does that extension work of with just a 4pin power cable or has it got to be an 8pin one?

Caporegime
Thing is, i would want to run the cable around the mobo and in from the top. Does that extension work of with just a 4pin power cable or has it got to be an 8pin one?
I wanted to do that, but mine didn't reach. You'd need to extend a typical PSU's 4-pin by about 4-6 inches to do that.

Other than that, I'm 100% happy with my Antec 300, housing A PhenomII X3 720BE, 8GB Kingston PC8500 HyperX, Asus M3A78-EM, 5x 500GB WB Caviar Blue, and it still sits cool and silent (running Noctua 800RPM fans).

Last edited:
Associate
I have that PSU extension cable in mine running from the Corsair HX620. Works a dream...runs around the motherboard and up the top...nicely tucked away and connected up. Had to remove my Noctua cooler to actually get the plug in my Asus P5Q Pro.

Caporegime
Love the case, have whacked some good quality fans in my case. (two front, one side) planning to replace all the fans soon.

Honestly can't fault it, You can fit the bigger gfx cards in this case as well, bit of a squeeze :p
Cable management is fine if you use common sense.
Great case.

Associate
With mine, I had to have the tuniq pointing upwards, as if I had it pointing to the back of the case it was interfering with top fan.

Thats using a GA P35 DS3L mobo, its not really a problem as if I had thought about I would have pointed it towards the largest fan, but my normal thought is to point it to the back of the case.

It is a nice case, for the money, but it is not the largest and you do need to think about your setup for the best airflow through the case.

Back
Top Bottom