O2 gone painfully slow?

POB

POB

Soldato
My O2 connection (not LLUB) has been poor in the evening for at least three weeks.

I can no longer stream a youtube video without it stopping.

O2 was a great ISP up to this point :(

Associate
i'd find somewhere else before your 30 day cool off period expires.

check the o2 forums, been having problems for ages and they dont seem to be doing a fat lot about it tbh.

there are lots being done about it, but unfortunately you cant just pull an extra 10 gig fibre out of your bottom, there are lead times for backhaul for LLU and especially for BT centrals.

Associate
can you guys who are having trouble let me know what area you are in?

if you are on LLU anyway. IPStream will see slowness until these new centrals get delivered.

Soldato
there are lots being done about it, but unfortunately you cant just pull an extra 10 gig fibre out of your bottom, there are lead times for backhaul for LLU and especially for BT centrals.

bearing in mind i was lead on for 3 months into believing something was actually being done, then just told outright "well actually nothing is being done until 2010" why mess me about for 3 months inside by 30 day get out ?

and why continue to sign people up when the service is struggling as it is , noticed the quidco offer is back on so plenty of people will fall for that and make things even worse :confused:

Soldato
Mines been flickering on and off for the past 2 weeks. Been fine most of the time, but last night and tonight have been awful. The router won't sync at all so i called them up. My SNR was at 3, so he's put it upto 6. My speed has dropped to 8mb, but it's still disconnecting every now and then. Im going to give it another few days and see how it goes. I really hope O2 doesn't go like virmin did. I've been really happy with O2 since oct 2008 upto now, it's been rock solid.

Associate
My O2 connection is fluctuating again tonight, variable speeds constantly changing when using News Groups. Normally a solid max download speed.

Associate
bearing in mind i was lead on for 3 months into believing something was actually being done, then just told outright "well actually nothing is being done until 2010" why mess me about for 3 months inside by 30 day get out ?

and why continue to sign people up when the service is struggling as it is , noticed the quidco offer is back on so plenty of people will fall for that and make things even worse :confused:

don't know who told you that dude but there has been an order in for more centrals since december, they take around 2 1/2 months to deliver, and that is if they're on time which you'd be suprised to here that BT delivery times slip constantly.

Soldato
Remember that comparing O2 Access and O2 LLU packages is pointless, they are different services. I am using O2 LLU at my parents and the thing flies 7Mb down 1.3Mb up. However at my apartment, 5 miles away I am on O2 Access which suffers from slowdowns quite a bit, there is nothing O2 can do as they have no control over the BT Wholesale equipment (even problems have to be passed onto a BT Engineer).

I am really happy with O2 Accesss though as my alternative is BT which is awful. I also get my O2 Access package for £12.50 thanks to Paul from these forums.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is mine this afternoon:

This was mine a week ago. O2 said the capacity problem for the north was sorted... NOT!

Odd, I'm not having any issues anymore - Manchester.

edit: Correction. I'm getting the same rubbish pings and throughput as before (though it was fine on Sat). Another outage?

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine too is down to a crawl :-

speed.io.png

:(

This is the first time in weeks since the last outage in the North that I have had any issues.

Loads of people posting over on the O2 forums just now saying the same.

I know it's Sunday and the service will be getting hammered but this is a bit pants. :p

Back
Top Bottom