spec me a backpack please

Soldato
Like a fool when traveling i put my laptop in sleve then in my normal rucksack. Its a right PITA at security getting it all back in. Saw some guy with a backpack that had a separate zipped compartmant on the back so he didn't even have to open the main part of his backpack to get it out!

Can anyone recommend something similar, when i google most just say "padded laptop sleve" so not sure if they have a seperate opening or just a compartment inside the main one.

Last edited:

wij

wij

Associate
My crumpler sack that I've had for about 3 years now has a separate sleeve inside it that I just pull out at airports. Still have to open the main bag, but it is divided up inside so that leads and things stay out of the way when I need to stuff it back in after they've xrayed it etc.

wij

wij

Associate
The label on the inside says 'Sticky Date' but I don't think they make it any more, like I said had it going on 3 years now. Can't recommend Crumpler highly enough though, the amount of traveling I do and the kind of places it gets dragged for work it has fared very well :)

Soldato
OP
all the crumpler stuff does seem to be highly recommended. Even though it doesent have its own compartmant i might give it ago

Associate
I have a Kata DR 467 which has a laptop section at the back (separate zip), a small backpack compartment and a camera section at the bottom. I think you can make the two compartments as one but haven't tried it. I recently took it on a business trip to Switzerland and it is a very comfortable pack, even at just under 8kg with my laptop and camera kit in.

Soldato
OP
went for a wenger in the end as it has the seperate laptop section. Thanks for the tip monkeysmith.

Was after a second hand crumpler but all on the bay seemed a bit naff

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom